Chapter 3

As I was going to work, the sun was low in the sky, the morning rush hour was in full. Traffic backed up in all direction on the busy street and it was a good thing that I know a shortcut or else I'm going to be late at work. I was walking toward there wherein people were greeting me with good morning and asking me how I have been. As I was about to enter my office, I heard someone called my name and there was Maxwell telling me that there was an emergency meeting and it's about to start. I enter the conference hall and I sit on my usual chair as the meeting is already starting. The meeting was headed by the Detective Superintendent Philip Bright who was talking about a secret organization that they discovered who were dealing drugs, selling children and weapons all around the world and they might be one of the biggest organization we would expose. As I heard about the case, it got my full attention because there's nothing more I hate when cases like this involves children.

       Philip announce that he wants someone to lead this case that would put those criminals behind bars, he want someone who would put their head in the game, I want someone who will bring pride to this department and I want someone who gets the job done".

          As I heard what Philip said, I pray to God that he will choose me to be the head and God must heard my prayer because Philip asked me to go in front and he also announced that I will be the head of this case. My fellow officers applaud because they know that I can lead them to solve the case. The meeting ended and Philip asked me to join him in his office. I have been in his office many times but in this particular moment, there was this feeling that I can't point out.

            Philip said that he's going to retire soon and he wants me to be the one to replace him. He have  watch me grown since the first time he saw me walked in to this department and he told himself that this kid has a great potential that I have seen it for a long time. Now many years later, I'm just one step away from being the youngest superintendent. I could sense how proud he is of me and I'm also thankful because he have been my mentor all this years.

     I said to him that "don't worry boss I'll give you your well-deserved vacation and solve this case ASAP". He responded by telling me 'to get out of his office and good luck with the case'. I walked out of his office and went to my own so I can start solving the case.