Chapter 2

For three years, we have been partners in crime. We both helped each other in order to survive living in the streets but I never thought that we have to split apart. It all begin when two guys approach us and said 'We would like to offer you two jobs with a house to live in and food to eat'

                 I accepted right away but James pushed me aside and talked to me because he thought that it was weird two guys just asked two street rats. I know it was weird but we both needed the money and shelter so I pursued James to accept the job. I didn't know that I made the biggest terrible decision that I have ever made. We were brought into this building wherein we heard children screaming and we were hugging each other as we were following those two guys. We were both given clothes that looked like rags and we're put in a cell. They were training us on how to make drugs and how to sell it but we both refused to be a part of it and as a result, we were both beaten up daily, injected us with drugs, and electrocuted us. We have no choice but to agree and we didn't just become drug dealer we've become drug user. I don't know how we started using drugs but it's the best feeling in the world.

       I didn't know how we survived but were lucky that there have an explosion in one of the labs that have been our distraction to escape. We both support each other as we try to run but then there were people coming towards us so we have no choice but to split up so that we could escape. I have heard more explosion and I heard people shouting fire. I try to find James so that we could escape but I can't find him so I immediately searched for the exit, I was so lucky that I had found the door and James. He was shot in the abdomen and he was pale I try to find some pulse but nothing so I went ahead and escaped. James died and I couldn't do anything so that's when I realized that I want to become a detective who would protect the innocent, who would help others, who would solve cases and I want to give justice for James. So I started to build my life again and I moved to New York and start my life there. I still can't believe it have been twenty four years since I moved here and twenty four years since that incident occurred. I didn't notice that my wife was calling me because I was going to be late for work. She must know that I was having flashbacks again because she have given me chocolates which she doesn't do usually. I gave thanks to my wife and kiss her goodbye as I was going out of our house.