Chapter 6

I decided that I need to go home and see my family first before going to the office. As I saw my house I notice that our door is open so I rush to park my car and I pulled out my gun good thing they did not take it. I enter my house ransacked and saw it was like there was a tornado sweep by. I look for my family and I shouted Helen, Jenny, James where are you? I look all around the house and I can not find them. I went back to the living room and saw our family picture, I can not describe the feeling that my life is in danger. I pick up the picture and there was a small envelope glued behind it. I open the envelope and saw a paper inside it which contains a riddle.

"Thousands of buildings, miles high.

A million taxis go zooming by.

The sidewalks are crowded, there's no personal space.

But Ground Zero lies empty, untouched by this place. "

        I'm so frustrated that of all the cases I solve this one is the one I can not crack especially now that my family have been kidnapped. I called Maxwell to meet me in my office. I look around my house and I promise myself that I will find those bastards who kidnapped my family and I will make them pay. I walk out of the house and I enter my car and went to my office. Maxwell was already there waiting as I enter my office, I explained to him what happened and the other night and what happened to my family, I tried not to cry in front of him but he hug me and all the emotions I bolted up was let out. He assured me that he will help find those bastard and that we will put them behind bars. I pulled myself together and thank him. I showed him the riddles that the sender gave me as far as we know there is two senders who is trying to help us and the other one is the one who got my family.

          It's been a week since I last saw my family and it's driving me nuts I barely sleep, eat or go home. I was stuck in my office only leaving it when I need a fresh new set of clothes. The kidnappers have not sent any notices or anything at all and it's driving me crazy because they should ask a ransom right about now. My body start to crave drugs and I'm getting desperate so I contact some people and ask them to send the drugs in my office. I'm about to inject the drugs in my body I stop myself because my family need me. I was called by Philip that there was a body found near our house. My heart stop beating because I have this bad feeling that it could be my kids or my wife, I pray to God that it was not one of them. As I went to the crime scene, I could see that my team are avoiding me, Philip see me and he told me that we need to talk my gut is telling me that I should just walkaway but I follow him. He show me the body and I could feel my world crashing because it's Jenny. I could not breathe because my sweet little angel is gone, I hug my daughter and I could only feel a coldness, not the warmth and happy feeling she gave me every time I hug her.