Part 3 - Chapter 11

Mom found out about Sherrie three months later. Dad went away on a business trip for three weeks and on one of those weeks she went to the town over and got herself a job in a hotel. But, Dad didn't go on a business trip, he met up with Sherrie. In fact he met up with her at that same hotel where mom was working. Mom and dad are now separated and I'm living with her in our house. She got a full-time job at a restaurant as the head chef. She went to a culinary school and dreamed of opening her own successful restaurant or bakery, but she never had enough money. She worked at a restaurant as a head chef in the city, and that's where dad met her. She quit after dad told her not to work anymore, and now she's a chef again and she's happy, I've never seen her so happy. Dad came home two weeks later to get his stuff. I was home because I had a big test tomorrow so I skipped practice, and mom was at work. He told me he was sorry and I told him I was glad he left because now mom is happy. Then I yelled at him for breaking her heart and for stopping her from living her dream. Six months after mom found out about Sherrie, they got a divorce. Dad bought a restaurant and let mom keep it as a parting gift. At first mom didn't want to accept it, and dad said that if she doesn't then they won't be able to divorce. So mom signed the papers, and now owned a restaurant which became known as "The Town Diner". I eat there everyday, for free of course. And mom is happy, and so am I. For the first time in a long time all was right in my life.