ERIK LEHNSHERR - 3

He laughed so sweetly that it made your heart melt

He laughed so sweetly that it made your heart melt. Just to see him happy, finally, after all these years and such a long time, meant more to you than you could possibly express. Words were not enough. A painting may speak a thousand words, and yet, it can only form those words if you know how to speak its language. You suspected that no one would ever be able to learn the unique tongue that truly expresses the gratitude that you have for the boy who chose to be with you over everyone else in the world and the love that you bare for him. It burned within you and despite yourself, you could not speak, and therefore as a result your only option was to express yourself through action. But then, you were also transfixed by that smile, frozen in place as you could only gaze on.

Frozen like the way the soft lull of his voice soothes you to sleep or forces you to stop no matter where you are in this god forsaken world and no matter what you are doing, just to listen to his soft vocal chords erupt magic in a way no singer has ever done before. Speechless like the way you halt to a stop as you walk past his room and catch a glimpse of him writing a song, or like that time you curled your toes around the softly cut grass in the fields out back as you caught sight of him at a table, writing away, making that magic. Or, was it not that time, the present? As now, you stood a little in front of him like you had done all those months before. And then, he noticed you, he looked up and right into your eyes. He shifted in his seat, it was like your whole world was complete. He smiled at you. Again, there were no words.