YOUNG SCOTT SUMMERS - 1

for @oscuritas

for @oscuritas

You see the same image in your mind every night. The colour of Scott's eyes - a beautiful deep blue. Not the blood red that you are certain hides behind those thick black glasses. He has to wear them, you know, but you wish you could look into those eyes just once.

You wish you had the power - perhaps telekinesis - to hold the force in place as he opens his eyes. You wish you could give him the power to see without glasses. You wish he knew you were a mutant. But he can't. He would despite you. He would leave you.

If he knew you were a necromancer... it would all end.

This thought haunts you when you see the knife enter his chest. When he falls to the floor you feel as if you were stabbed yourself. The ache in your heart consumes you. Scott reaches out for you, which both touches and destroys you.

You love Scott. You pull his head into your lap. You know the wound is fatal. You tell him you are sorry. You tell him you love him. He whispers the same.

When he closes his eyes you do not cry. You do not accept it. You place your hand over the wound in his chest. You allow that pulse to leave your body. You ignore the X-Men that gather around you. No one knows you are a mutant - but you no longer care.

Your worst nightmare came true. You lost him. You listen for his pulse and sigh in relief when it booms to life. He opens his eyes and smiles.

"What happened?"

"You died, Scott. I have to revive you."

He blinks. He doesn't seem shocked.

"You are a mutant?"

"Yeah." You say. "Do you hate me?"

"Hate you?" He laughs. "I love you."