chapter 16- Tyler

I run to Josh's house, crying. I cant believe the door of my own house has just closed on me. Loudly I knock on his door, and immediatley he opens it. 'Babe, what is it?' He pulls me into a tight hug, and I sob harder. 'M-My dad's just- just... I can't go back... i-I am kicked out, I,' I try to get the words out, but stumble and fail. Luckily Josh understands. 'Oh my Gosh. Come in. Mom!' He calls up the stairs, holding my hand tightly and leading me into his kitchen- a mirror image of my own. He sits me down at the table and gets me a glass of water and wraps a blanket round me. He then slides underneath me so I am sitting on his lap and wraps his arms around my, resting his head on my shoulder. His lap is warm and squishy and I close my eyes. 'Its gonna be okay babe, I promise,' he whispers as his mom comes rushing in. 'Oh, Tyler! What's happened?' She says. Josh tells her, and she claps her hand to her mouth. 'Well, obviously you can stay here with us. Uh, you will have to sleep top to toe with Josh because we don't have a spare matters. Im sorry Tyler.' I stared at her, wondering why she thought i would mind. Then I remembered my manners. 'Thankyou so much mrs dun, but I wouldn't wanna intrude or anything,' I stuttered, a sick feeling rising in my stomach thinking about where I would go if she didn't let me stay after all. 'No, no you must stay here. There's no where else for you to go and Josh is your boyfriend so it's perfect.' She beamed at me, and I smiled weakly. I knew they were Christians but they didn't even mind josh was gay, and they weren't even strict.

I told Josh about this later when we were in his room. 'When I was younger they were really strict. They never let me listen to any music that wasn't Christian and to do with god. I remember hiding my greenday vinyls under my matress. As I got older they just lightened up a bit.' He explained. I sighed; I wished my parents would lighten up. Tears pricked my eyelids and I quickly blinked and thought about something else. ' Josh,' I said quickly. He turned to look at me and stopped eating the reeses puffs out the cereal packet for a minute. 'Yeah' he asked.
'We're never telling people we met at a support group you know,' I said, laughing as Josh choked on his mouthful of reeses puffs. 'Agreed' he mumbled, his mouth full. I laughed and kissed him as he tried to swallow his cereal.

After a while we settled down I bed. At first we really did go on opposite sides because his mom might check on us. When we were sure, I whispered 'Josh?'
'Yeah?' He answered immediatley. 'Im cold.' I whispered, which was a big lie. ' 'Me too' he answered quickly. 'C'mon over here so I can warm you up' I giggled and scooched until I was on Josh's side. He put his arms around me, our noses touching. 'Is that better?' He asked, nudging me with his nose and smiling. 'Yeah,' I said, and he kissed me softly, his hands on my back. Our chests were pressed up together, and our legs were wrapped around each other. Every time my heart beat fast thinking about my dad, Josh would kiss me again or hug me tighter and I would instantly relax, falling into him. Our hips and bodies slotted together like spoons, and eventually I fell asleep with josh's lips against my forehead and my head in the comfy gap between his neck and his shoulder, smiling.