Teleportation

Hogen holds tightly, waiting for the pain to hit. But nothing happens. Slowly he openes his eyes. He was in a black void, nothing was here but him and Teresa. Speaking of the devil, Teresa groans and raises her head. 

"What happened?" She asks as she looks around.

 Hogen shakes his head "I don't know... I think..." 

"What?" 

"I think... We might be dead..." When Hogen said that Teresa froze. 

"Your kidding right?"

"A man came at us with a rocket launcher... I think he hit...." Hogen says with a sigh. 

"What is going to happen now?" When Teresa asked that she started to shiver.

"Well I assume, if it is like how religion says it is, we are being judged then sent to heaven or hell." Hogen holds her to his chest and she started crying. "Shh, shh it's okay." They sat like that for what felt like hours. Then Teresa spoke. 

"...We have been sitting here for a while now..." She said, it was obvious that she managed to calm down. Hogen slowly nodded, he wasn't going to tell her, but he had actually gone to sleep earlier. Hogen sits up and stretches. After he sneakily yawned he turns to Teresa. 

"What should we do?" Hogen asks but Teresa shrugs. 

"I have a question."

"What?"

"There is no light source, yet we can see each other perfectly fine, do you know why?" Teresa asks Hogen.

"... Let me ask you a question in return... Have you ever died before? 'cus I haven't, why would  I know." Hogen shakes his head, then sighs. "Sorry, my nerves are out of whack... This place gives me the creeps." Teresa shakes her head.

"It's okay, it was a dumb question anyways."

'Yawn!!!!' a loud breath ecose throughout the place. 

"What the hell!?!?" Hogen yells and he stands up. 

'Ahhh, my head hurts...'  this time a voice shakes the place. Teresa moves over to Hogen.

"What's going on?" She asks and hugs Hogen. He wraps his arms around, while looking wildly for the voice.

'What's this? How did mortals enter the In-Between Realm?' The voice asks. Hogen stays silent, still looking for where the voice was coming from.

"Where are you? Where are we?" Hogen finally asks.

'I am everywhere and nowhere at the same time, this is the In-Between realm, a realm between worlds. What brings mortals to wander the In-Between?'

"We... We are not sure, we were attacked... on Earth." This time Teresa calmed down and spoke out. 

'Hmmm, you're not lying to me, strange indeed. All right then, if you're from Earth, I'll just send you back.'

A light envelopes Hogen and Teresa, and the blink out of existence. 

'Well that was weird...'  The voice says to himself. The black space was silent but then a bright light envelopes the place where Hogen and Teresa was before, and they reappears. 

'What!?!? Who is able to interfere with my powers?' The originally emotionless voice now had a bit of surprise in it. 

"Umm, why are we still here?" Hogen asks.

'Ehem.... I'm... not sure?'  the voice answers. Hogen and Teresa just stares.

'Em, I guess your body's back in Earth have been completely eradicated...'  

"What does that mean?" Teresa asks.

'Well it means that your bodies died, but for some reason you souls are still alive.'

"So? That means what?" As Teresa nods in understanding, Hogen still looks confused.

'When a Human dies, their body dies and returns to the earth. The Soul on the other hand also 'Dies' though it does not truly die, it just enters the process of reincarnation. In your case your bodies died, but your souls did not. Which in turn should have made you guys ghosts, forever to haunt the place where you died, but instead you were sent to the In-Between. But that does not exactly explain what happened, because I sent you back you should have become ghosts, but instead you got ent back here.'  Hogen still looks confused. 

'Sigh... Lets see.... you know computers? Good. Imagine there is a program. That program has a specific cycle of what it is supposed to do. At the end of the cycle it recycles the object, in this case the soul, but sometimes there are anomalies, for some reason these anomalies don't get recycled. Instead they are forced to stay in that part of the cycle forever. That is normally what happens, but now imagine that some of these anomalies are actually considered a virus by the system. Now the system has 3 choices. One it could leave you alone, but it's built not to do that, so it's basically not a choice. Two it could destroy you, but it did not do that, I don't know why, and 3rd choice is to eject you from the system. It chose the 3rd choice.'  The voice seemed oddly pleased with his explanation, like he took an hour just to think of the explanation. Hogen was still slightly confused, but he understood the gist of it. 

"Thanks for that information, but that actually does not answer our question." Hogen says.

'...'

'.......'

'....... I can't send you back to Earth because your bodies have been destroyed and the 'system' keeps on rejecting you. I now have my own choose to make. One, I could keep you here forever, and wait for your minds to slowly rot away. But your souls would actually probably, be destroyed by the energies of this place way before you go insane. Two, I could destroy the system and force you in, but lose all of the souls that are in the system. Three, I could just destroy your souls and be done with this troublesome problem. But you see I am a really, really, really, kind person. I would rather not do any of these things... Hmmm...'

"I'm lost..."

"It keeps on jumping all over the place, it's really hard to understand..."

'UGH! Fine, I'll just create you a new body!'

""What the heck!"" Hogen and Teresa say at the same time.

'Don't come back this time!!!'  and with that a white light flashes upon them once more and they disappear. 

'Damn, so much trouble... I know! I just put them into... HEHEhehehehe...'

And so the true story of begins... 

(Author's Note: .... I think I based the Voice off of me. I like ranting, on and on. It was only after I had write these whole paragraphs before I realised that  they had nothing to do with the question asked. So I sat at my seat an extra 10 minutes trying to figure out how to add it in, and, obviously I did.... Abit not a very goodly. Yes, in my dictionary Goodly is a word...)