One last day. (Chapter Five)

2/17/17
I sat on the back porch and I cried. Elliot had dropped me off and the reality of my situation came crashing down on me. I pulled a cigarette out of my jacket. It was my 'just in case' one. I carried around just one, but it never really lasted for long. I lit it and started smoking. If I hadn't I'd probably start crying, and I just can't have that, now can I?

I took a small walk and when I got back to the house the sun was down. I guess my 'small walk' spiraled into something else. That is to be expected, as it always happens like that for me.
I looked at my brown hair. I wondered if I should dye it, but I didn't know. That's what I think of when I just don't know, or I'm not sure. Something physical or pretend. I don't like remembering and I try not to. So I think about my ever-changing appearance, or the sky, or maybe a new movie or book that just came out. I don't know, maybe I should remember. I mean this isn't real. I know this isn't real. If it were real I'd still- my phone buzzed it was from Sofia. "Dinner!" It said. I tried to remember what I'd just been thinking about, but I just couldn't. I went inside, not having to put out my cig because it had long been smoked.

     I walked in and there were cheeseburgers on the table. I like cheeseburgers. Or do I?
Everything had been a whirlwind of going through the motions. I was asked how school was. I said fine. I was asked if i had new friends, and A. Totally forgetting about Robin. And B. Not even being sure if I could consider her a friend yet I shook my head. Then the conversation left the topic of me, and I zoned out. Before I knew it, my cheeseburger was gone.
"I'm going to my room." I stated. "I still have some unpacking to do, ya know?"
Sofia nodded and I went upstairs. I was putting each foot on the next step slower than the first and when I finally got to my room, I looked at the clock. It had taken me ten minutes to walk up the stairs. "But it only felt like seconds." I whispered quietly to myself.
"It's like that here" a familiar voice said to me. I spun around so quickly it made me dizzy. And by the time I was able to look at the mystery person, they were gone.

As I tried to figure out who it was, Elliot walked into my room making me jump about a mile.
"What the hell?" I said. "Oh sorry." I said as soon as I saw him.
"It's fine." He chuckled. "I was just coming to make sure you were okay."
"Why'd you need to do that?"
"Well I Said something that kinda freaked you out," he started. "Look, I've gotta go, but just so you know, I didn't start this, and neither did you."
"What? I said very confused.
"Just, it's not your fault, okay?" He said and bolted.

That's when I heard beeping. It almost sounded like one that'd be be in a hospital, but I wasn't at one. I must be crazy, hearing things.
"I must be crazy." I whispered to myself.

Or am I?

A/n so um yep. I did a thing and that was the thing. I might go back later and add more to it but that's the chapter for now. Also if you can't tell FORESHADOWING, ummmm oops? Hope you like it! ~ J.C.