2. Overthinking

"How are these people so cruel! What are they doing wrong? They're protesting for love? If a man and a woman were campaigning everyone would be cheering but just because a girl loves a girl they find it disgusting!" Zara protested shouting at the TV. In anger she switched her TV show back on and tried to calm down..." OMG Leon just asked her out wow! What is going on I thought Maya said she wanted to take a break from the show?" Zara screamed at the TV as if she was really there. KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK! Zara hopped up and sprinted to the door she slowly opened it leaving it slightly ajar. "Who is there" she enquired opening it an inch every second. "Why are you frightened Zara it's only me Palio" he smiled and winked. "Oh hahahah" laughed Zara awkwardly as if she knew what he was bound to say next. "So...Zara would you like to go out with me" He said confidently "everyone wants to go out with me" he laughed quietly.

ZARA'S POV
What is going on with me this is freaky....Leon asked Maya out and now Palio has asked me out. Whaaaaat should I do? I don't want to upset Palio or make him depressed but I don't want to have a boyfriend currently: THIS IS SO CONFUSING! Ok so... I mean I could just say yes but I don't want a boyfriend. I could just say no but I don't want to upset Palio. HELP! Here we go let's try and work my way around this. Just hopefully I can come away from this and it won't be awkward...

"So...Palio I really don't want a boyfriend right now but I feel really bad maybe we could still be friends I hope I didn't make this awkward...did I make this awkward?" Rushed Zara. "No no Zara that's fine see you tomorrow don't forget your study book!" Palio smiled holding back all emotions. He ran down Zara's driveway swiftly making sure no one saw him. "I thought this time a girl would actually say yes to me" he cried sprinting back home in disappointment. "Wow, I feel so mean what did I just do I just shattered his whole heart and broke him" Zara cried as if she had feelings for Palio. In Zara's mind this was really confusing she was feeling like a part of the LGBT community and wanted to support them yet she had feelings for Palio this stressed her out. The poor girl was so confused and worried that she would get a lot of stick for trying to help the LGBT people so she decided not to tell anyone who she was but instead keep diaries on her phone of her feelings. It felt as if every day she would hold it in and hold it in till she got home on her phone and she would just release everything into her diary. It made her feel better as she wasn't holding everything inside her and it wasn't lingering on yet it was still there on a device kept in the pocket of her college jersey.

Feeling anxious Zara stepped outside and locked her front door heading down to the club trying to forget everything what had happened earlier as it would make her even more depressed. Walking down to the bar she was wearing a neon pink short dress with a fur coat and some converse shoes. Round her neck she was wearing a precious necklace with a tiny little diamond dangling from the rose gold chain, it meant so much to her she couldn't go anywhere without it. She arrived at the club and to her surprise Alyssa, Laden and Ray were already there partying like they always do. "Hey guys" Zara shouted over the music. "Heyyyyyy Zaraaaaaa" Alyssa laughed you could definitely tell she was drunk. "Alyssa stop being crazy" chimed in Landen even though he was drunk too. "Oh hi Zara sorry didn't see you there I've been trying to control these two drunk friends" laughed Ray. "Have you seen Palio?" Zara enquired to Ray. "Actually he text me, told me he wasn't feeling okay and he couldn't party tonight. Zara bit her lip and played with her hair. "Zara what's up...anytime you do that with your hair I know something's up! And don't say there isn't because I can tell!" Ray looked at Zara like she was her mother. "Ok Ray so basically Palio came round earlier and he asked me a question and I might've hurt his feelings I mean I wasn't bad to him it's just he asked me out and I said no..." Zara cried. There was a silence and nothing but the music, Zara thought Ray was going to start fighting her or shouting at her but instead she just said " Oh right how come you said no?" . "Well I don't want a boyfriend currently that's all" Zara replied.

And with that Zara went to the bar, sat down slowly and started crying "What have I done" she said looking into her glass of wine.

-
A/N
Hey guys so here's a new chapter for y'all I hope you liked the update...lol

Anyways I hadn't updated in I've a week so I have decided that I would and I'm glad I did now.

What will happen next chapter?

Will Zara change her mind about Palio?

What's going on with her life?

- Thomas