Chapter 1

Katniss P.O.V.

Peeta and I have been on cloud nine since we've found out that I'm pregnant again. Peeta's usual overprotectiveness is now fifty times worse than normal, and he's been constantly doting over me for a week. As long as he doesn't get too annoying, I'm okay with it. 

"Are you ready to go?" Peeta asks as he walks into our bedroom. I look at him and nod. 

"I'm ready," I say as I take a deep breath. 

Peeta gives me a concerned look. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I say as I place a hand on my stomach. "It's just that the last time I went for an ultrasound was when they said that Willow wouldn't make it."

"But they were wrong," Peeta says. 

"Another thing is, what if they mixed my results up again and we get there and I'm not pregnant?"

"Katniss," Peeta says as he walks over to me. "I love you, but you have got to stop beign so negative. The baby is there, and the baby is fine."

"You don't know that for sure," I say. 

"Honestly, no I don't know that," Peeta says. "But I believe it." Peeta pulls me in and rests his forehead against mine. "Now that's better than believing that there's something wrong, isn't it?" Peeta asks softly. 

"Yeah," I reply with a smile. 

"I want to hear you say it, Katniss."

"Peeta…"

"The baby is fine," Peeta says. "Say it."

I take a deep breath. "The baby is fine."

"Thank you," Peeta says before he kisses my nose. 

"And you're a brat," I add. 

Peeta chuckles. "You ready?"

"Yeah," I say. "Is Willow going with us?" I ask as we walk downstairs. 

"No," Peeta replies. "She was begging to go to Haymitch's so I took her over there."

"That's probably for the best," I say. "She'd be asking all kinds of questions."

"Yeah," Peeta says. "And once she finds out, there'd be no keeping it a secret."

I laugh. "Exactly." Peeta and I walk on out to the car and get in. "You did tell Haymitch that we were going somewhere, didn't you? I hope you didn't just drop Willow off without letting Haymitch know that we are leaving."

"Yeah, I let him know," Peeta says as he starts the car up. "But I told him we were going to the store, so we might want to come back with some groceries."

I laugh. "Good, because we need some anyways." Peeta smiles and takes my hand with his free one. I lay my free hand on my stomach and look down. "Hi, baby," I say softly. "Mommy and Daddy are about to see you for the first time, and we are so excited."

Without taking his eyes off the road, Peeta lifts my hand to his lips. "Very excited," Peeta mumbles against the back of my hand. 

"Yes," I agree. "Very excited."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Peeta, look!" I gasp excitedly as the image of our baby comes up on the screen. I tightly grip one of Peeta's hands in mine, and his free hand grips my shoulder. 

"That's our baby, Katniss," Peeta breathes as he presses his lips to the back of my neck. Happy tears start flowing down my face as we continue to stare at the small gray figure on the screen. 

"Would you like to hear your baby's heart beat?" the doctor asks. Peeta and I eagerly nod our heads, and it's not long until the sound I've been waiting to hear floods the room. I close my eyes and listen carefully.