Chapter 14

Katniss P.O.V

Willow jumps when the front door slams shut. "Peeta?" I say as he comes through the door. "What's wrong?" He ignores me and starts up the stairs. "Stay here," I tell Willow as I follow Peeta.

"Hey," I say as I grab Peeta's arm. He turns to look at me, and I can tell he's about to explode. "What happened?"

"Not now, Katniss," Peeta says. I know he's trying to stay calm so he doesn't upset me. I let go of his arm, and he goes into our bedroom, slamming the door yet again. I sigh and go back downstairs.

"Mommy, is Daddy mad at us?" Willow asks with tears in her blue eyes.

"No, Willow," I say as I carefully pick her up.

"What is Daddy mad about then?" she asks. I sigh and shake my head.

"I don't know, Willow," I tell her. "But please don't worry, baby girl. Daddy will calm down, okay?"

"Okay, Mommy," Willow says. I kiss her cheek. 

"Why don't you go play in the living room?" I tell her. Willow nods her head and walks away from me. I give Peeta a few minutes to cool off before I go back upstairs. I stop outside our bedroom door and knock.

"Peeta?"

"I don't want to talk right now, Katniss," Peeta says. I try the doorknob, but it's locked.

"Peeta, please?" He doesn't say anything. "Fine. I guess I'll just wait here by the door until you're ready to talk."

"You need to be sitting down," he says.

"Not until we talk," I say stubbornly. I hear Peeta's footsteps coming closer to the door right before he opens it. He gently takes my hand and leads me over to our bed.

"Sit down," Peeta says. I do as I'm told and he sits down beside of me. 

"What happend?" I ask worriedly.

Peeta looks at me and takes a deep breath. "You know how the wind got up last night?"

"Yeah," I say slowly, not really knowing where he's going with this. 

"Well, dozens of homes and buildings closer to the middle of town got their roofs blown off last night," he stops to take another deep breath. "Includng the bakery." I stare at him for a minute.

"Please tell me you're joking," I say. Peeta shakes his head.

"I wish I could, Katniss." I groan and put my head in my hands.

"What are we going to do?" I ask Peeta as I look back up at him.

"I don't know, Katniss," Peeta says as he shakes his head. "We should have enough money to cover the repair, but I'll have to close down the bakery for a few days, so that's even more money lost. I didn't go in to see if anything inside was damaged." Peeta rolls his eyes. "We can't seem to catch a break."

"Peeta," I say as I look over at him, suddenly terrified. "What if this is just the beginning? What if something happens to your or Willow or…" My eyes widen. "Or what if I loose the baby?"

"No. No, Katniss," Peeta says as he gently grips my shoulders. "Don't think about that. Look, I know we aren't having the best time right now, but we can't worry about what might or might not happen. Please. Please. Please. Don't worry about the baby. I'm not saying it would be your fault, but we really don't need something happening to the baby because you got stressed." I nod my head and look into Peeta's eyes. "As long as we have each other and our babies," Peeta pauses to lay his hand on my stomach, "we have everything we need, and we'll be okay."

"Yeah," I agree as I nod my head. The baby starts tumbling around and I laugh a little.

"See?" Peeta says. "Even the baby is telling you that it's all going to be okay. Don't worry about what hasn't happened yet. Let's focus on what has happened and deal with that first. Okay?" I nod and Peeta leans in to kiss me.

"I'm going to go check on Willow," I say as I stand up.

"I'll come with you," Peeta says. He follows me downstairs and Willow smiles up at him as we walk into the living room.

"You okay, Daddy?" Willow asks him. Peeta smiles at her and picks her up before sitting down beside of me on the couch.

"I'm okay, Willow," he says.

"Are you still mad?"

Peeta gives her a sad smile. "Not at you, baby girl." Willow kisses his cheek.

"It will be okay, Daddy?" Willow asks. Peeta chuckles and nods his head.

"Everything will be okay, Willow," he tells her. "Don't worry, baby girl." Willow crawls over to my lap and giggles.

"Mommy, does the baby kick all the time?"

"No, I reply. "Just mostly when someone's touching my belly." Peeta reaches over and lays a hand beside of Willow's. I look over at him and we smile at each other. 

"We're okay," he whisper in my ear. I nod my head and smile at our little family that is growing bigger every second.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Katniss?" Peeta says as he walks into our bedroom. 

"Yeah?" I ask as I look up at him.

"I know we said that we'd keep the name that we picked out for the baby a secret, but I have one that I need to run by you," Peeta says as he sits down beside of me on our bed and stretches his legs out by mine.

I look at him. "Okay. I'm listening," I say.

He looks at me and takes a deep breath. "If we have a daughter, I think we should name her Primrose."

I stare at him for a minute. "You want to name our baby after Prim?"

"Yeah," Peeta says as he nods his head. "But if you don't want to, I completely underst-" I cut Peeta off by leaning over and pressing my lips to his. 

"It's perfect," I say as I pull away.

"I wanted to ask you that when Willow was born," Peeta says. "But the second I laid eyes on her, I knew she was meant to be our Willow." I smile at him.

"I'm going to cry, but I promise they're happy tears," I say as I wipe at my cheeks. Peeta chuckles and begins rubbing comforting circles on my stomach. 

"Are there any boy's names you want to ask me about?"

"No," I laugh. "But good try, though."