Chapter 5- The Phone Call.

"Do not let us forget that 
this is a s solemn matter," he said, 

ere long;
"One of which we may neither
think nor talk lightly without sin. 
I trust, Jane, you are earnest when you
say you will give your heart to God;
it is all I want. Once wrench your
heart from man,
and fix it on your Maker, 
The advancement of that
Maker's spiritual Kingdom on earth
will be your chief delight and endevour;"

Jane Eyre.

________________________________________________________________________________

The clock plunged on the hard wood floor with a bang jolting Jahaan-Aara up in her bed. Ragged breaths, sinfully red cheeks, Jahaan-Aara panted staring at Shumayla who delivered fresh towels to her bedroom. Quickly, Jahaan-Aara pulled the midnight black blanket over her chest covering her moist neck and chest. It was Rohail Saab, back in her dreams. Jahaan-Aara didn't know where to look like the stain of kissing Rohail Saab in the woods was fresh upon her lips. Shumayla gaped at her in worry. Has the girl got a fever?

It wasn't fever that was burning up Jahaan-Aara, it was red hot lust running through her river red veins of blood. Rohail Saab made her feel alive, wild and delirious. Under the cover of the blanket, Jahaan-Aara drew her knees together; his coarse fingerprints still warm upon her satin soft thighs as he had yanked her legs apart. Like a devilish spirit he visited her in the depths of her slumber and ravaged her body until she was hot and flustered fighting his strength with every ounce of her body. He was here. He was in the room. In her bed.

"Are you okay?" Shumayla's brow furrowed with worry. She placed the towels on the table and made her way towards Jahaan-Aara sitting on the end of her bed. Jahaan-Aara shuffled back unable to meet Shumayla's eyes as she checked her temperature by pressing the back of her hand against her forehead.
"You're burning up."
"I'm fine." Jahaan-Aara swallowed into her dry mouth. Her hair stuck against the sticky curve of her neck.
Shumayla looked up at the ceiling fan wondering if it worked. "I must get Saif to check it. You're hot and sweaty. How did you manage to sleep?" Shumayla began clicking the switch whilst Jahaan-Aara grabbed her shawl and draped it over her chest and head.
"Thank you for the towels." Jahaan-Aara grabbed a white terry towel ready to jump into the shower and wash Rohail Saab off her sticky skin. But Shumayla had other plans; she beckoned Jahaan-Aara and patted the bed for her to sit beside her.
"Before you set off today, I need to talk to you." Shumayla's tone was soft. "You've been here for three months and I am fond of you. Well, not just me."
Jahaan-Aara took in a deep breath attempting to pace her breaths bringing it to normality.
"You are a lovely girl. My son is a decent man."
She married their names together hinting to Jahaan-Aara. "He is well respected in society; everyone loves him and looks up to him. Saif earns well and runs this home. He has extra money which he has put away for his wedding day." Shumyala looked up at Jahaan-Aara's oval shaped face as her eyes bowed demurely at the floor. The girl was angelic, simple and genuine.
"My Saif likes you. Jahan-Aara he wants to marry you."

Shumayla paused allowing the words hang in the room like a ceiling fan. It was a surprise to Jahaan-Aara. She never thought of Saif in that sense. She regarded him as her brother; he was soft, kind-hearted and caring. This was a bolt from the blue.
"I don't expect you to answer now. But have a think about it." Shumayla began to stroke her back in long languid strokes. "He cares about you."
"I have thought about Saif." Jahaan-Aara replied sparking Shumayla with hope.
"I think of Saif as my brother. Nothing else."
Shumyala smiled. "But he is not your brother. You are not related by blood or milk." Shumayla was hopeful. "Once you see my son as a potential husband, you will change your perspective. Have a long think. Don't rush."