Chapter 12: The Curse is Lifted

''Rolf?'' I screamed as I saw him lying on the ground, motionless.
I kneeled down beside him and started to cry. He had always been my best friend.
''Rolf, please, you can't be dead, please, Rolf!'' I pleaded, more tears just falling down my cheeks. I just couldn't stop crying, even if I wanted to. I closed my eyes and put my head on his and just let my tears fall.
When I opened my eyes, I was no longer starring at a dog, but a large black lion. I had always known that this was the true him, and I accepted him just the way he was.
''Rolf, please, live, you can't be dead.''
Rolf lifted his head. I cried even more, but there was a difference, these were happy tears, tears of joy.
''Rolf, you're alive!'' I cried and hugged his head.
''Come on boy.''
I leaped onto his back and he ran off. I arrived just in time to see Maria jump off a cliff that I had recently fallen off.
''Maria!'' I screamed and as did everyone else. I ran to the edge of the cliff. I grabbed her hand at the last second, saving her.
''Let go.'' She said.
''No, I won't. You can't sacrifice yourself.''
''But I will. You were the best cousin ever. I love you.'' She said and made me release my grip.
''This is all my fault. If I had just done this myself. I have to save her.''
Before anyone could protest I jumped in after her. I whistled and immediately I had landed on Selena. She was standing on the water.
''Find the unicorn. Tell her to save Maria.''
And with those words, Selena sped off in search of the white horse that we seeked.
We found her, in a cove near the ocean shore. I quickly told her to save Maria and she was off so fast that she appeared invisible. I watched as a huge wave approached and an unconscious Maria was riding the white unicorn. The unicorn bought her safely on land. I decided to watch from behind.
''Come on, lets go, can you take me to Rolf.''
Selena ran towards Rolf and then vanished. I sat down next to Rolf. I don't think anyone had spotted me yet.
''Were you worried, Robin?'' She asked after everyone had welcomed her back.
''No, anyone could have done it.''
They smiled at each other. I felt my heart break. I loved him, too.
''Come on boy, let's go.'' I said to Rolf and hopped onto his back.