Is Falling For Your Almost Step Sibling Considered Incest?

Chapter 1

“I wonder when you’re going to meet Connie’s son. I mean, her and your dad are obviously in love so I think it’s weird that you guys haven’t met her kid or anything if your parents are so close and your dad has met him already so dont’cha think you should meet this guy?” Callie questioned me.

She had a point. Why haven’t we met Connie’s son yet? I didn’t even know what his name was .She wasn’t living with us or anything, but her and my dad have been going out for a while now so it is a bit weird that Daniel and I haven’t met Connie's son. Well I think my dad has met a few times but the details were a bit fuzzy. The only useful information he gave me was that he was tall. That’s not much to work with to make a mental picture.

“I Guess I don’t really know why we haven’t met him. Maybe they’re just waiting for the right time to have us all meet or whatever.” I say with a shrug. It didn’t really matter did it?

            We are sitting in my car, a silver minivan (it was tacky, but better than nothing), and driving home.

“Hey Cal, am I dropping you off at your place or are you coming over to my house. Its Friday, maybe we can do a movie night. We can watch Star Wars, maybe invite Sienna over we could pull an all-nighter. You know it’ll be fun.” I asked. I knew she didn’t like Star Wars all that much even though I love those movies. I mean a Young Harrison Ford is always a good thing to be seeing.

            “As appealing as that sounds, I cant. My mom says that if I don’t bring up my math grade then I will never be getting a car. So I got to study. Thanks though.” She said with irritation in her voice. I knew how she felt. Math wasn’t exactly my strong suit either. My brother was blessed with the good at Math and Science genes and I had gotten the good at English and Geography genes. It wasn’t always fair.

            “It’s all good. Maybe we can do next weekend.” I was disappointed, but only momentarily. “Hey I just remembered! My dad said he wanted to tell Daniel and me something when we got home from school today. I wonder what it is.”

            “I don’t know. Maybe it's something important like he got a promotion or maybe it's something small like you need to take the garbage out more often. With your dad it could be almost anything.” She says matter-of-factly as I pulled the car up into her driveway. “Well bye chicka. Thanks for the ride home.”

“Bye Cal. See you later girlie.”

As I drove off, I felt as if something was missing. Something important. Something I was supposed to do…

Crap.

Daniel.

I sped back over to Jefferson High School to get my brother.

“How can I always forget him? “ I mentally cursed myself. We have gone to the same school now for 3 months now that he is a freshman. I guess going home with only Callie for two years is a habit that’s going to die hard.

I pulled my car up to the front of the school, and there was my little brother. Daniel saw my car immediately, and anger and exasperation was evident in his face.

“Daniel. I am so sorry. I didn’t mean to forget you; I just got caught up talking with Callie that I forgot to wait for you to come to the car. Please forgive me.” I pleaded with my brother.

He didn’t say anything as he got into the car. This is bad. “I’ll make it up to you somehow. I promise. Anything.”

He looked up at me. “Anything?”