Chapter 2

Is falling for your almost step sibling considered incest?

Chapter 2

A muscular hand covered my face as I screamed. Instinct kicked in and I bit his hand. He quickly jerked back and shook his hand in pain.

“What the hell was that for?” He yelled at me in anger.

“What are you doing in my house? How did you even get in?” A million questions popped into my head.

Just then my dad and Connie ran into the kitchen.

“What was that? Sadie, why did you scream?” Dad asked me worriedly.

I was speechless. How did nobody notice the teenage boy standing right behind me?

Connie came to my rescue, sort of “Drew! I told you not to scare her!” then she turned to me “I see you’ve met my oldest son.”

Drew is Connie’s son! Wait, oldest son? I thought Drew was an only child.

My dad noticed I was still confused. “Honey I think we have some explaining to do to the children” He said to Connie.

She just nodded and said I’ll go get Daniel and Alex.”

Who the heck is Alex? She left the room and went upstairs to retrieve my brother and this Alex kid. My dad then led Drew and I into the living room and motioned for us to sit down. I purposely sat on the other side of the couch from Drew.

After a minute or so of awkward silence Connie came in the room followed by my brother and another boy who appeared to be about eleven or twelve years old. I’m guessing that must be Alex.

“Okay everybody. Explanation time.” Connie said cheerfully.

We responded in a series of grunts and nods.

“Well Sadie, Daniel, meet my sons, this over here is my son Drew. And over here is Alex” she then motioned for Alex to wave to the rest of us.

“Sadie and I already know each other. We have like four classes together mom.” Drew informed Connie.

My heart leapt as he said that. He noticed me after all. He knew we had classes together! Who would have known?

“Oh well that’s good news then.” Connie said with a nervous smile on her face.

“Okay guys, let’s cut to the chase. What is going on here? Why are Connie’s sons here when we have never met them, not even once?” Daniel put it bluntly. Leave it to him to basically tell them to cut the crap.

Connie and my dad shared a glance as if they were having a silent conversation. They gave each other a small nod and my dad told us the most horrifying words I think I would ever hear in my life (at least my life as a sane teenage girl).

“Connie and her boys are moving in with us.” My dad smiled and took Connie’s hand. She was positively bursting with happiness. They both were for that matter.

“WHAT?!”

“Absolutely not!”

There was a few more (rude) comments made by Drew and Daniel, but I said nothing. I was dumbfounded. Connie is moving in with us.

Drew Evans is going to live in my house with his mom and brother.

Drew- Freaking-Evans is going to live in my house.

Oh. My. God.

This is not happening.