Chapter 3: Dead or Alive

Angela POV
I struggle to stand up after the explosion. I can feel a couple of scratches on my face, but those can heal up easily. What's more important is seeing (y/n) like that, trapped under the rubble and in critical condition.

I cough and start to get up, having one leg at the moment for support. I look up and I see a Blackwatch soldier approaching our position. I think I recognize the figure as Alan Brooks. He's walking with his pistol in his hand and is going to where (y/n) is.

He won't hurt him, right? I think.

Alan goes over to (y/n)'s place and looks at him. He then reaches for his gun. Consumed with rage, fear, and several other emotions, I draw my pistol and fire at Brooks. His body goes limp and even though I feel terrible, I accept that it had to be done.

I stand up and grab my Caduceus staff and rush over to (y/n). I lift his arm up and sigh with relief when I feel a pulse. I quickly activate my healing stream and start to heal him. He starts to cough as he starts to become more conscious.

"(Y/n)! Can you hear me?" I ask, once he starts to open his eyes.

"Angela?" He says, voice dry.

I smile as tears start to form in my eyes. I help get some of the rubble off of him and help him regain his footing. Once he's standing, I kiss him. At first he doesn't seem to register, but eases into it and puts his arms around me. We separate after a little bit.

"I see an angel and I'm kissed by my crush. I must be dead." He says.

I can't help but laugh, both at being relieved and his witty remark.

"Nein. This is real." I say. "So you have a crush on me?" I start to blush, but not like (y/n).

"Maybe... Damn I'm so embarrassed. Can I just be dead?"

I laugh and shake my head.

"So, do you like me back?" He asks.

"Well, I kissed you, didn't I?"

"Well, yeah. But I didn't know if it was because of relief or genuine or if it was mouth to mouth or, well you get the point."

"Consider it genuine."

We kiss again, but only for a few seconds before we hear another explosion. We start to run away from where we were in hopes of leaving the building. We heal several people along the way until we see the doors to leave the base. We get out and start providing relief to those wounded outside of the building. Then the base starts to collapse, with rubble and shrapnel flying everywhere.

"Everyone! Get down!" Someone yells.

(Y/n) and I are okay from the explosion and we help others who weren't.

"(Y/n), did you see Jack or Gabriel go out of the building?" I ask.

"No I didn't."

My face becomes solemn. "Let's check for survivors."

Several other people besides us check for survivors of the explosion. We find some dead bodies, but also some people who are alive. We help get those people to safety and do our best to save them.

"Any signs of them?" I ask (y/n), who shakes his head.

"Hey Dr. Ziegler. I think I found someone." Cameron yells.