Chapter 16: A Night to Remember (Lemon for real this time)

Timeskip 4 months later

Tonight you and Angela were going to a formal party. This wasn't a normal party, though. This party was being thrown in Angela's honor for her award about the project. Sure she completed it about 4 months ago, but the award was given recently. So now you were having it 4 months later, but you didn't care. It gave you more time to plan something special for her at the party. The party was being thrown by your friends at the hospital (with a little help from you), so you would know pretty much everyone there.

You were standing in front of the mirror looking at yourself in a black tuxedo. Your hair was combed and you were clean shaven. You you were anxious, and couldn't help but try to make adjustments to your tux. Tonight was going to be an eventful night, with quite a few surprises. You hoped it would all go smoothly.

You take your phone out to check the time. You may be a bit late, but that would be alright. The party wouldn't truly start until Angela arrived. The lock screen has a picture of you holding your phone with Angela's arms around you as she rested her head on your shoulder. You were both smiling as the sun set in Hawaii. Hawaii was a beautiful memory, but in your opinion, the woman you shared it with was even more beautiful.

You hear the bathroom door open and your mouth drops. You can't believe your eyes. Angela looks beautiful, with her hair in an up do and wearing a beautiful white, strapless dress. She admires your look when she sees you in your suit. She's the first to speak.

"Well, how do I look?" She asks.

"I'd be jealous of whoever you were dating if I saw you in that." You say.

"You're just saying that."

"No. You look amazing. What about me? How do I pull off the suit?"

"You look more handsome than I could've imagined."

"I knew the tux was too much. I look like a penguin. I should've just done a simple suit."

"Nein. You look great." She puts her arms around your neck and you kiss. "We should get going. The guest of honor can't be too late."

You nod and you get into your car to drive to the venue that the party was at. It wasn't too far. Just a couple cities over on the top of a hill, so you could overlook the city. When you get there, you see a couple of your close doctor-friends outside, as well as a reserved parking spot for you two. You get out of the car and open Angela's door for her and escort her out of the car. You interlock arms as you head towards the building. Dr. Lindskog and Dr. Lee are in the front of the building and welcome you two.

"Here are the guests of honor." Dr Lindskog says.

"Hello Dr. Ziegler and Dr. (l/n)." Dr. Lee says.

"Hello. Sorry we're late." Angela says as you greet the two.

"That's not a problem at all. The music is being played, but that doesn't mean the party has truly started." Dr. Lindskog says.

Dr. Lee opens the door and you and Angela walk into the party. Music immediately fills your ears, the song at the moment being Dead Man's Party by Oingo Boingo. You see several people on the dance floor or chatting with each other. You didn't get a good chance to look because everyone started cheering and the DJ (Dr. Patel) announced your arrival.

Angela POV

"Everyone, the guest of honor, Dr. Ziegler and her date Dr. (l/n) have entered the building." Dr. Patel says.