Chapter 5 (YAY MOAR SH*T CHAPTERS)

Chapter 5: Awakening and Mina the Exorcist

I woke up groggily with Kana asleep in a chair at the end of my bed. I looked over my shoulder to see the time. My clock read 18:30; I lay back down heavily and closed my eyes in thought.

I passed out again didn’t I?

Of course, your powers keep draining your energy. My inner self told me.

I need to stop going over my limit…

OBVIOUSLY! My inner self shouted.

Mina’s an Accommodator. She controls Air and runs inhumanly fast….. Seems about right.

Indeed. My inner self agreed.

I felt the bed move and looked down to see Mina was waking up. I threw my legs over the side of the bed and was careful not to wake her. I walked over to my dresser and pulled out one of my many spare blankets. I then gently laid it on Kana and left the room.

 I walked down to the kitchen and opened the door to the fridge. I grabbed the raw hamburger meat; I left to thaw out during school, some cheese, and condiments to go on the burgers. I reached into the freezer and grabbed a bag of French fries. I then walked over to the bread bin and grabbed Burger buns. Finally I grabbed two pans, one circle one with a handle to sauté the burgers and a flat one to put the French fries in the oven.

I carefully laid out the French fries on the pan and lightly sprinkled salt over them. I pre-heated the oven to 350° and waited. When the ding went off I set the French fries on the middle rack. I then set to work on sautéing the burgers and setting two cheese slices on each. As both French fries and Burgers finished I heard feet moving up stairs.

~*~

Mina’s PoV

I woke up and smelt something very delicious cooking downstairs. Still lying in bed I thought of what happened at school.

10 hours ago…

“Mina.” I looked up to see General Cross by my side.

“Yes?”

“Put this on.” He held out a black choker with a blue spiral charm.

“An anti-Akuma weapon?”

“Yes.”

“No way.”

“Look at your right shoulder.” Sitting on my right shoulder was a tan colored strawberry.

“NO WAY!”

“Hurry up.” I fastened the necklace on and pulled on the spiral. I took it and tapped it on my ankles. Wings sprouted where I tapped the charm and two kunai sat in my left hand and I shifted one into my other open hand. The blue wind charm formed a jet black hoop bracelet on my left wrist with white spots all over. Like the galaxies sky…

End of flashback…

I sat up and saw Kana asleep on a chair with Mina’s blanket laying over her. I shook her gently and her eyes opened. “Dinner’s ready.” I stated and quickly left the room. I ran down the stairs and saw three plates with cheeseburger and fries on top of each plate. I looked to Luna who was sitting on the couch watching TV. I snuck up behind her and shouted “THAT. WAS. AWESOME! HOLY SHIT! DID YOU SEE ME TAKE DOWN THAT AKUMA! HOLY SHIT! AT FIRST I WAS LIKE WHAT! THEN I WAS LIKE WOOSH AND TOOK HIM DOWN! HOLY SHIT! LIKE WHOA!” Luna jumped up and spun around.

“HOLY FUCK YOU SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME!”

“I knew I would!”

“Girls calm down.” I looked over my shoulder to see Kana standing behind us. I turned around fully and bowed “Thank you for taking good care of us while we slept.” She bowed back and responded “My pleasure, Mina.” Luna walked over and gave her a big hug. “I’ll keep in contact as much as I can while we’re gone.”