Ch.2 : Ro Volunteers Her Friends For An Early Death

Ro

"Come on, Ro!" a young girl shouted. "Wake up! Chiron sent you a summons. He said it was important." Ambrosia's eyes snapped open.

"What's going on?" She demanded. "Is it another newbie, Kacie?"

"I don't know but it sounded urgent!" She replied.

"Ok, I'll head to the Big House." Ro answered groggily. She rubbed her sea green eyes and put on her favorite Camp Half-Blood T-shirt and a pair of jeans. As she twisted her copper colored hair into a messy bun, she sprinted to the Big House and knocked on Chiron's office door until a tall figure opened it. At first glance he may see like a man but, he was actually a white stallion from waist down. He invited Ambrosia into his office in a tired voice. Inside the office decorated with photos of kids in orange shirts, sat a thin boy with black hair. He turned around and looked at her with striking blue eyes that seemed to be in a trance. His face was pale, greatly contrasting with the fact he was rather tan.

"Is this a new camper?"Ro questioned.

"Precisely, Ambrosia. He showed up about a half an hour ago. I asked him some questions but he doesn't know how he got here. Looks like he will be in your cabin for while," The old centaur replied.

"Mind if I ask him a few questions? I might be able to answer some while I'm at it."

"Not at all, Ambrosia. When you are finished, please return to the Undetermined Cabin." He trotted out of the room. Ro turned to the kid sitting across from her.

"So... How did you get here?"

"I don't know. I can't- I can't remember anything. Why can't I?" He said in a shaky voice. He only looked about 13 years old and had dark circles under his eyes.

"Sometimes it happens. Sometimes people get hit on the head, sometimes their memories are wiped, sometimes worse things happen. What was the last thing you remember? You know, before you got here?"

"I- I can't remember. I think I was in the woods... It's all fuzzy."

"Last question, then it's your turn. What's your name? Your full name?"

"It's- It's Cris. That's all I can remember. What's yours?"

"Ambrosia Rogers, but you can call me Ro. Do you have any questions?"

"What is this place?"

"This is Camp Half-Blood. A safe place for all demigods." Cris nodded solemnly. Ro gave him a confused look. "You know what a demigod is?"

"It's the mortal kid of a god, right?"

"Yes. Um, you sure you don't know where you're from?"

"Pretty sure."

"Okay, then. Follow me." They left the room and headed to the large cabin next door. Ro could see the shimmering water of the Long Island Sound in the moonlight. She directed him to a bunk and then climbed into her own, knowing she would have to wake up in only a few hours. For a split second, an irrational panic grasped her lungs, then disappeared. Something was wrong. But Ro was too tired. She would find out in the morning.

As her mind grew groggy, she thought about how she had arrived at camp. Cris was handling it surprisingly well so far. The way she had gotten to camp was particularly awful. After all, he appeared out of nowhere and didn't remember anything. Ambrosia remembered every little detail.

♡♡♡♡♡♡

She had been with her mom in their little house in a neighborhood outside New York City. She had only been ten years old. They had been laughing and watching a movie when, all of the sudden, they got a call. As her mother answered it, her face went pale. She told her to go get her clothes and get in the car in a panicky voice. Ambrosia knew something was definitely wrong so she ran out of the room as fast as possible and grabbed a bag. She stuffed clothes and some other items in it and dashed out. Her mom started the engine as she jumped in the back and demanded, "Where are we going?"