Ch.3 : Friends And A Cave Makes One Brave

Gwen

 The first thing Gwen felt was pain, pain everywhere. She tried to lift her hands up to her head but she couldn't move them. She also saw she was laying on the ground.

"Where am I ?" She asked with no answer. Her weapons were gone and her clothes were in tatters. Gwen groaned. This was her favorite shirt!

She tried to move but found she couldn't. "What?" she gasped. A thick piece of metal, like a leg iron, was wrapped around her ankle, a chain connecting it to the wall. Her hands were bound behind her back with what felt like metal handcuffs as well.

She pulled and strained in a wild effort to get free, but a small voice from the shadows stopped her cold.

"Don't bother. I've already tried." Gwen strained her eyes trying to see who the frail voice belonged to.There wasn't much light in the room-just a hazy red glow- but she finally made out the small figure of a young girl. "Who- who are you?" Gwen questioned at last.

The girl gave a dry laugh. "Does it really matter?" Gwen considered that. "Well I suppose not. But it sure would be nice to have a friend right now. You're from Camp Jupiter right?" As the girl had answered Gwen's first question, Gwen had been observing her and had noticed the traditional purple colors and the SPQR tattoo on her inner forearm.

"Yeah. And I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you're from Camp Half-Blood. No one else would wear that hideous orange color."

"Yeah, not a huge fan of the orange myself. What did you say your name was?"

Honestly, she felt like she had met this kid before. She looked about thirteen and had frizzy brown hair that nearly came to her waist. Gwen almost would have believed the girl wasn't scared, but the fear in her thunderbolt blue eyes betrayed her.

"Aviva. My name is Aviva"

Hello readers,

This one was short so I went ahead and posted it. We did have a posting mishap but, never fear, it has been corrected. Don't forget to vote and comment. Please share this story with friends. 

EllaAndAnna21