Chapter 4

"Like any other prince in some fairytale, you need to find yourself a princess Lunneth. Stop trying to avoid this! In order to proceed in what -"

"Okay like I had said before Elzivia - I don't want to. Okay, yes, you say I may be stubborn, but surely why does it have to be now. Not all of the other men here in the castle are wed. Others are happy with the women or men that they love or if they are with no one they may be happy as well, the men here are possibly fine with what I know."

This argument has gone on for so long in my room, that we just both have been pacing back and forth over my carpet.

"Yes Lunneth but to understand and to countinue with the future generations and to continue building your family right now to not risk everything your ancestors worked for you need a child and wife to -"

"Why does it have to be a woman of possibly a royale!" I yelled. "Why can't I love someone of my choice and adopt a child! The line could not have to be within the blood line to continue as long as I rule!" My eyes widened as I said this and I quickly covered my mouth with my hands as I regretted what I had just said. Elzivia was turned away, pacing back and forth when I first started this stupid sentence, but as soon as I finished she turned around and both of her hands were on my shoulders, her face close to mine.

"What did you say?!" I gulped but I shouldn't be afraid of her once soft caramel eyes. I noticed her Mark of the Flame on her neck glowing red, but her Mark of the Healer, near her her glowing sky blue, making the fury in her eyes calm. Her eyes became softer and so did the pressure she had forcefully squeezed on to my shoulders.

My knees buckled under the pressure of her magics. The pain of it is something I haven't felt in a very long time.

"Lunneth, I know how you felt for that man and it hurt you to see him with that woman, but they have known each other for many years and they were meant to wed. What you did to his fiancée was unacceptable and of course has to go unpunished in secret, so I apologize for this in advanced."

"Please no!" I begged. "I don't want to see it again! I swear it won't happen again. It was just pure jealousy from the mind but not the heart please!"

"Jealousy cannot be escaped from my prince, you cannot be fooled. And weakness cannot be tolerated."

My room had disappeared and now I see my miserable past self seeing a man and his lover in vain. Not because he had her even if she was beautiful, but because she had him. Everything about him. I just couldn't handle what I had felt. I never thought I would feel this way about another man before. Others that I know have tried to explain this feeling to me, on how it is like to fall for another man, but still. I couldn't explain how I felt and how I may still feel about him. I may have been far from him in this ballroom but I could just tell every bit of detail from where I stood.

His dark brown almost black messy undercut, with dark brown eyes, but in the light looked so pure and beautiful. His skin was neither too dark or too light. It was just perfect! He looked as of if asian descent, but on how his muscular built was, is what every girl, or possibly man could dream of, including a chiseled face with stuble. His suit looked so perfectly matched with his body, that I looked down at my own three piece suit, of course suited for a 'prince', and immediately felt shameful. Not even my navy blue sash, that sparkled in the light, would distinguish us both on who would look more regal. On his left arm was I persumed someone special to him. Hopefully a sibling, or aunt, or cousin! I had prayed but my prayers were crushed when they kissed. This woman had dark medium blond hair in a braid, and just dark brown eyes . She was pretty and a bit thin but not as much to think she was sick. Just, almost just, perfect for society.