Chapter 5 (editing)

Ah yes! Once again to wake up to Elzaria opening the silk curtains to show me the light of day.

  She never gets tired at seeing me struggle to get away from the light, which somehow amuses her to 'some extent' as she often tells me.

  The usual morning routine, bath, put on my trousers, button up another plain silk shirt, put on proper flats, while walking out to the dining hall for breakfast. It's usually so lonely that I have to request everyone of my staff to eat with me. They've gotten so used to this request they just wait for me to get up so they could eat meals with me.

  Elzaria thought it be a good idea to eat with people that may work for me, but also have known me when I was just a baby.

  After usual casual conversation, I head off to work. Not the usual paperload of work, which I may sometimes prefer to as. I may feel that's not what is important right now, but on how I would disguise myself, as fitting in like everyone else in the kingdom to see how everyone else is doing. Of course Elzaria doesn't know I do this.

  I just love being outside the palace walls. When walking around I feel like nothing can break me. I couldn't be myself, which would lead to mistakes, so I have to be someone else, which could lead me to unimaginable places, but it's all in good fun.

  I go to a nearby pub, a walk down the bridge across the river. There the bartender, a cream skinned 6'0 foot lightly built man, with short black hair and copper coloured eyes, says hello to me.

  "Mahrid Akhtar", I shake the hand of the retired Eothaean architect and smile, "long time no see!"

  "Ah, indeed it is. How long has it been young 'Prince Lune'?" He laughs and slaps my back with his hand, a friendly gesture I had to get used to.

  The name 'Lune' stuck with me since the description of 'Prince Lunneth' and I match. I am lucky no one knows the true description of my 'royal side'. How long ago I'd be dead? The common description of 'Lunneth' matches me in everyone's eyes, so here I am nicknamed 'Lune'.

  It's ridiculous, but it makes it much more better and funnier with everyone's confusion. The smart ones are the ones that suspect me and countinue on their day with me on their minds. The dumb ones are the rich who don't believe the rumors, and the stupid ones arr the ones that follow the smaller lords thoughts.

  "Too long, I believe." I laugh at his gesture and look around the pub. "Still the same as always, here."

  "Of course it is, boy!", he bellows in his laughter, a comforting sound, happiness to see me. "Oh and before this reunion party gets started, Ocampo wants to see you."

  "Kidlatn Ocampo wants to see me?"

  "Of course Lune, when does he not?", he motions me foward, as to whisper in my ear. The strong scent of spilled alcohol from his apron washes over me.

  "Okay,", he says quietly, "go to the back, the usual trail. He'll be there. Sorry for rushing you off."

  He hugs me then pushes me away, so he could go back to work at his stationed area near the alcohol, "See you later, Lune!"

  We wave at each and I go to the other side of the pub's main room to the storage room. I go through the back door and find my way to an edge of pine wood trees. Instead of the usual trail, Mahrid and Kidlatn made another trail leading to Kidlatn's second cottage.

  Once found, I followed it until it slowly started to disappear. I started running, trying to distinguish the trail, hoping not to fall on all the dead tree branches. I knew I should stop, but I couldn't. The only time I stopped was when the trail completely disappered.