Chapter 2

The glowing never stops. The end is near for you children.

  All I hear is the leaves crunching underneath my feet. The figure is close behind now. I told the others, the people I once cared for, I told them to run, let me get chased. One soul over the others, right? No, wrong. The good live, right? No one is good anymore. Through the trees branches I see a town up ahead. I try to keep going while I jump over dead trees, even though I'm tired I start to go faster and fas-. The ground wasn't flat, so there I go tumbling toward an unknown town. No need for stealth then.

  I lose the person behind me, but when I look up I don't see people. I mean I do but they look so different. My head keeps pounding when I try to get up. The pressure is too much, but I manage to get up, even though nausea wants to hit me. I don't see anymore glowing, but it doesn't mean that I escaped. The people, the 'people' glow a different color. Not the blood red colored person or creature that chased me. Nor the swirl of sky blue and a shining opal like glow sparkling in a chain around my neck, but of gray like spiraling smoke.

  Chimes is what I hear now. They turn to me. Not good as the so sane people would think. Their eyes, black as the sky with no stars, no glow from the moon. They try to advance to me, but something is slowing them down. Black smoke swirls from their mouths and a bit from their eyes, I could now see as they are advancing closer. It's not the end for me yet. My necklace glows, showing a path of light. A see a faded glow of red from the corner of my eye. My glow of light makes the human like creatures in front of me fade, so I dart forward to the path that is shown for me.

  I shouldn't continue to run where the glow shows me, but I still go. Why do I trust this light.

  I feel the wind flow through my hair. My ponytail is a mess, hair is getting loose and hair is in my face, my clothes are at least seen better days, by which I mean that my blueish gray t-shirt has tearings near my sides, my blue jeans are a bit baggy and are torn near my knees, I feel horrible with cuts, bruises, and dried blood almost all over my body, but I honestly don't care. I notice the glow is shining its way toward a house in ruins. It wasn't as big as a mansion nor as big as a little hut, but probably the perfect size for a family of 4 or 5. There's a bit of bricks, but you could mostly see the skeleton of it. Once there, I slowed down my pace just in case there was any holes in the floors.

  I poked my head through the open space where the door was supposed to be and searched the path where the glow of the light was taking me. I didn't like where it was trying to take me, or maybe the fact that I didn't like that I had to jump a 10 to almost 12 foot worth of a hole on the floor, which sucks knowing I can't jump far for nothing, but there was a small ledge that leads somewhere I just needed to check it out.

  "Come here child of the day, I'm not done with you, a creature of midnight is I." Oh fuck. I turn to the voice that was behind me and oh no much regrets. I don't know what I was seeing, but this creature is one confusing being to look at. All I see is a black silhouette with black smoke swirling from all around its body, with a midnight blue glow from its neon green eyes. I don't know if this necklace gives my mind drugs or if the creature was really truly disorienting.

  Without warning it lunged at me, which I had to make a split decision and countinue on the narrow path the light was taking me. I run toward a flight of stairs that take you both upward and below, which the path I have to take was below, but since I was in a panic, I ran upward. As I ran upward, a flash of light caught my eye. Without even thinking I grabbed the object and countined up the flight of stairs. It was nice and cold against my burning felt hands as a trickle of sweat went down the edge of my dirt stained face.

  The glow kept making the object shine so I looked down at it and just realized how heavy it was or rather how heavy and sparkly this weapon, this katana was. At least I have a weapon now, which might be just as useless as our normal weapons. As I approached the top of the stairs, I felt a wave of heat graze my right arm and a chuckle behind me.

  "Dear girl, whatever can you do now?" As he tried to pounce on me, he stopped and eyed my weapon. He smirked and said, "What a strange choice, but it doesn't matter. I shall have your soul!"

  He started to shake a bit violently, which didn't make me feel any better. If this type of creature had the ability to show emotions or anything of the like, it would show a look of frightened confusion.

  "N-no! I-I must do w-what is plannned. I m-must kill every b-being alive. Y-you are the one that changes it all once you meet h-him. Prince Lunneth m-mustn't know your existence. You c-can't meet him. I-I. I must. And then horrifying anger. Your soul is mine for the taking!"

  Something behind me has an eerie glow. Why is everything behind me! I try to take a look behind me, but I feel an invisible force snap my neck forward to face this creature.

  "No. No! You will not go through there. I have seen partially seen what the future might unfold and oh forgive me it is not a pleasurable sight for my kind. You must go to hell!"

  He tried to lunge at me again, but without thinking I pulled the katana in front of me, fortunately giving me an advantage and gave this creature pain and possibly, hopefully, a terrible death. Unfortunately, the impact knocked me backward into the eerie glow that was behind me. I felt no pain from the impact, just the ability to float.