the blue and gold

PROLOGUE "You're still my sister, Kimi

PROLOGUE
"You're still my sister, Kimi."

It was a few days after Jason Blossom's body had been found that Betty Cooper decided to approach Kimi.

Kimi Cooper was falling apart, that much was obvious and although they didn't have the closest relationship it hurt Betty to see her sister so lost and helpless.

She was sitting in her bed with her back to the headboard. A red bound notebook sat on her lap along with two charcoal pencils. She looked as if she wanted to pour all her feeling into the pages but was afraid to do so.

Betty knocked once on the door frame to let Kimi know that she was in the room but Kimi didn't seem to hear. Walking closer, Betty asked, "How are you feeling?"

Kimi's head snapped up so quickly she almost hit it on the headboard and her pencils rolled off into the bed but she paid them no mind. Kimi rolled her eyes scoffing. What kind of question was that?

Betty grimaced slightly upon realizing the question was truly the worst one could ask at a moment like this.

"I feel like you shouldn't be in here." Kimi said placing her pencils in between the pages of her now closed book. "You made it pretty clear that I was basically dead to you when Polly left."

Betty cast her eyes down and crossed her arms across her chest. "You could have stopped him."

"What do you want, Betty." Kimi sighed changing the topic and making eye contact for the first time in what seemed like weeks.

"We're starting back up the Blue and Gold and Jughead suggested we recruit you."Betty answered walking closer to the bed.

Kimi arched a brow setting her journal aside after making sure the pencils were secure. "What do you need?" Kimi rephrased sitting at the edge of her bed.

"We need your help figuring out who murdered Jason Blossom." Betty spit out in one single breath. She had honestly been doubting the whole thing but both she and Jughead knew how good Kimi's skills were and if they wanted to uncover the mystery that was Jason Blossoms murder, they were going to need Kimi.

Kimi's breath hitched and her face paled. "W-why?" She stuttered out.

Betty gave Kimi a look that caused the latter to look down at her hands. "I-I can't, Betty."

"C'mon, Kim. You can't tell me you haven't tried figuring this out. I heard you, after he disappeared." She paused to examine Kimi's face which had suddenly hardened and she sighed before continuing, "I heard you sneaking out and I can bet you my life's earnings that it had to do with Jason. I know you."

Kimi glared at her. "You haven't talked to me in months, Elizabeth." She hissed causing Betty to furrow her brows in a small pout.

"You're still my sister, Kimi. We grew up together and we live under the same roof." Betty exclaimed throwing her hands up in exasperation. "We need your help if we want to find Jason's murder, he was your boyfriend. You owe him that much." That last part was totally uncalled for but Betty knew that if she wanted Kimi on her side she would have to pull out some dangerous cards and in that moment, she completely hated herself for it.

Kimi held eye contact for a while before she broke it to stand up and walk closer to her sister. "I'm doing this for Jason. Not for you and definitely not for Jughead."

Betty nodded once clapping her hands together in a silent thanks and with one last nod, she retreated back into her own room.