back in time

CHAPTER FIVE "Rest in Peace, Jason Blossom

CHAPTER FIVE
"Rest in Peace, Jason Blossom."

Kimi broke her stare with Jughead, turning to watch her sister march out the door. Shoulders tense and fists clenched at her side. Suddenly, her sister's hair was no longer up in a pony tail and instead swayed down her back with every angry step she took. The only accessory in her hair was a black hair band. Kimi wasn't seeing Betty walk out the door anymore, instead she saw Polly.

A memory.

Kimi had been having a lot of these moments ever since Polly had been taken away and Jason had disappeared. One moment she would be in the present and the next she would be sucked into the past. Something would trigger her mind and she'd start reliving a memory. It was something she couldn't control.

The Polly walking out the door made sure to let everyone know she was angry. She glared at her sister venomously once she reached the door and every person in the diner flinched as she stepped out and slammed the door behind her. Kimi shut her eyes tightly, wishing to have followed her out that day.

"What the hell!"

Kimi's eyes snapped open. The bell above the door was no longer swinging from the force of Polly's slam and the seat in front of her was no longer empty, instead was occupied by an unmistakable red headed male. Jason.

His eyes were narrowed and his whole persona scram angry. It wasn't directed at her, it was directed at someone standing at the foot of their table. Kimi tore her eyes from Jason to be met with furious blue eyes. Polly. Like a slap in the face, Kimi realized what she was reliving.

"What the hell, Kimberly?" Polly seethed. Kimi could feel her own lips curl up into a malicious smirk.

"What, Polly? You surprised?" She mocked. Polly curled her fists at her sides. She was visibly shaking.

Both Kimi and Polly turned to look at Jason who had yet to break his glare on Polly. "You two-" Polly stopped, taking a second to swallow back her tears, "are pathetic." Neither Jason nor Kimi reacted. Simply staring at the fuming blonde.

"Goodbye, Polly." Kimi sang after a moment of staring, but Polly made no move to leave.

Jason shook his head in disgust. He turned back to Kimi, acting as if Polly wasn't even there anymore. Kimi grinned at him and he grinned back. "Fries?" She asked pushing her plate towards him.

Polly growled, spinning on her heel and marching towards the exit. The door slammed closed after her and the bell above the door started swinging.

"Kimberly!"

Kimi's eyes widened, her breathing sped up along with her heart. She looked up and met the questioning eyes of Jughead.

"I've been calling your name for years." He grumbled turning back to the window. Ignoring the part of him that wanted to fire questions at the startled blonde.

Kimi rolled her eyes so far back her head hurt. "Whatever." Was all she said and she too shifter her eyes to stare out the window at where Veronica had now also joined Archie and Betty.

Her breathing and heart were back to normal but she couldn't get her hands to stop shaking. That memory had felt as if it had just happened and it scared Kimi to be having such vivid episodes. It was something she couldn't push to the back if her mind, but for now she had to push it aside. Something much bigger was happening outside the diner.

AN
This hole chapter is prolly confusing but ITS SUPPOSED TO BE! I'm trying (and failing) to make it mysterious?? I hope it doesn't suck too much :)))
BUT OTR: THIS IS SO SUCKY LMAO. let's all give a collective cry on account of this painfully unedited chapter. This whole story is a flop tbh. I'm surprised it has any votes :') The fact that people are actually reading this makes me so happy tho like, thank you so much I can't believe you're taking time out of your day to read this??? I love you sm.
Also, I haven't updated in like forever and I'm so so sorry. I never thought people would actually message me and comment wanting more and because of that I'm going to TRY my hardest to update faster. Once again THANK YOU.

Thank you,
Lyd.