as shakespear once said,

CHAPTER FOUR"No

CHAPTER FOUR
"No."

The name Aaron Edwards was hardly spoken anymore. After he had jumped off his balcony window in hopes of ending his young life, everyone avoided the subject. Aaron Edwards had moved out of town and his name was no longer spoken aloud.

The name affected Kimi Cooper in ways it didn't others. She was weighed down by guilt and remorse because Aaron was one of Kimi and Jason's many victims. They had never gone that far, the victim always broke with the first threat to be expose, but Aaron was different. He was in love with Geraldine Grundy and when she found out two of her students would release their secret relationship she broke it off and Aaron took the leap.

Kimi and Jason dropped music and had done all they could to forget about their last victim and that included distancing themselves from each other. Not long after, Jason and Polly got closer.

Knowing that Archie was having a secret relationship with Geraldine shook Kimi to the core because she knew how manipulative the woman was and she would be dammed if something happened to Archie. It wasn't out of feeling for him, no, it was because Kimi didn't want to stand by and watch as the ,middle aged woman destroyed yet again another boy's life.

And this is why Kimi decided to spend the rest of the day trying to convince Jughead to help her knock some sense into Archie. Kimi knew how close Jug and Archie had one been and she knew if anyone would be able to speak to him, it would be Jughead. So far, her plan was failing.

"You have proof?" Jughead questioned, not even glancing up from his computer. Kimi groaned loudly for what seemed like the hundredth time that afternoon. "No-" Jughead's head snapped up and their gazes met.

"Unless you have proof-"

This time, it was Kimi who interrupted him. She slammed her hands on the table making Jughead's milkshake wobble slightly. "Don't play dumb, Jughead. You and I both know it is no coincidence that both Grundy and Archie were at Sweetwater on the Fourth of July." She hissed, narrowing her eyes at him.

Jughead shifted uncomfortably in his seat but before Kimi could probe some more, Kevin Keller slid into their booth followed by Betty and a raven haired girl Kimi was not familiar with.

"Kimi!" Kevin cried, throwing his arms around her. Kimi returned the hug halfheartedly making sure to throw Jughead a glare over her friend's shoulder, a clear sign that she was not ready to drop their argument.

"Hey Kim." Betty greeted from her spot next to Jughead. Kimi released Kevin, sending Betty a quick smile before her gaze fluttered over to the girl sitting to Kevin's left.

"This is Veronica Lodge." Betty introduced, "V, this is my sister Kimi." Veronica sent Kimi a bright smile and Kimi half-returned it with a small wave.

"So, what were you two arguing about?" Kevin questioned raising an eyebrow at both Jughead and Kimi who shared a brief look over the table.

"The Twilight Drive In." Jughead lied smoothly.