jimi to the rescue

CHAPTER ONE "liar liar pants on fire!"

CHAPTER ONE
"liar liar pants on fire!"

To say that Jughead Jones was annoyed would be like saying birds fly or dogs bark. From the moment he picked up Kimi from her house she had done nothing but zone out and if it weren't for Jughead pulling her arm or warning her for cracks in the sidewalk, she would have tripped already. The last thing Jughead wanted was an angry Betty Cooper biting his ass for letting her sister get hurt.

Another concern Jughead was having at the moment was the fact that Kimi was so out of it that he doubted she would be of any use. How would she figure anything out of all she did was get distracted.

Kimi had no idea where they were going since she had been practically shoved out of the house for her first assignment with Jughead for the Blue and Gold. All she had heard was Dilton Doiley and Cheryl Blossom. So, piecing things together, she figured they were going to interrogate Dilton Doiley since he was the one to find Cheryl at the edge of Sweetwater river.

They had been walking for a while to where Dilton held his Boy Scout meetings and honestly, Kimi was starting to regret even coming. Her legs hurt from walking and her eyes stung from the sunlight. She hadn't really been out of the house unless it was for school lately.

"We can run away together, K. Screw your parents and screw my parents."

"What about Polly?"'

"I love you."

"Kim. Kim. Kimi!" Her head snapped up when she felt Jughead grip her wrist and pull her towards him and away from the sidewalk.

"Jesus, Kimi." He breathed keeping a firm grip on her wrist. "You almost fell into the street."

Kimi pushed her hair away from her face frowning. "I'm sorry."

Jughead furrowed his eyebrows but with a shake of the head he dismissed it. He pointed at a yellow building, "Dilton."

Kimi nodded walking closer to where Dilton Doiley was currently talking to the Boy Scouts.

"And in that moment of hesitation you're dead! All of you are dead." Doiley snapped making Kimi and Jughead share a look. Aren't these 10-13 year olds he is reprimanding?

"At ease, Doiley." Jughead begun, making Dilton Doiley turn around. "We're writhing an article for the Blue and Gold. We're hoping you can help." Doiley quickly dismissed his Boy Scouts before walking towards Jughead.

He crossed his arms across his uniform clad chest, his eyes snapping over to Kimi causing her own to narrow and walk closer.