message 13

grayson dolan
mae.

mae
yes grayson?

grayson dolan
can we facetime?

i froze. i looked at the words on the screen one more time to make sure i read them right. facetime?

i guess now is a better time than ever. we are meeting in two weeks and i don't want it to be awkward between us. i want to be comfortable, i want to be able to just be in his arms.

mae
i mean, i guess so

grayson dolan
we don't have to if u don't want to.

mae
no it's ok gray. let's do it

grayson dolan
ok

i didn't respond to his last text. instead, i just sat there and waited. i waited to hear my phone ring. waited to see his face, hear his voice.

i figured i looked decent. i mean it was just a rat calling. my rat, grayson. i have nothing i need to be worried about. right?

suddenly i heard the vibration sound of my phone and grayson's picture pop up on the screen. i chuckled at it and slid my finger across the screen, answering the facetime request. with the blink of my eye, his flawless face popped up onto the screen, smiling widely.

"hi." he smiled. his voice was absolutely magnificent. i had know this from watching his youtube videos, but it still shocked me a bit over facetime.

"hey rat." i chuckled, playing with my fingers. i was nervous, but how could i not be? this is the boy i have been talking to for three months. we haven't met or anything, but he was my everything.

"that's my mae." he bit his lip. i was trying so hard to contain a smile, but i and couldn't. seeing him, talking to him, just being in this moment. it was almost too much to handle. i was so happy. "you look beautiful."

i blushed, covering my face with my hands. i heard him giggle at me. that was definitely music to my ears. he was absolute perfection. how he was still single, i didn't know. but in some way, i was glad that he wasn't taken by somebody else. i don't want that, at least not right now.

"grayson." his name rolled off by tongue. saying his name felt good, refreshing. like a breath of fresh air.

"grayson, who are you talking to, bro?" i heard a voice. "ethan!" i screamed.

"is that mae i hear?" ethan grinned. i could tell he was smiling, just by the way he'd said that.

ethan and i had never talked, but i knew him and he knew me. he was kinda like my brother, and i loved him too. he was very attractive, very muscular and broad. he was handsome, and sweet and caring. but my heart was set to someone else..

"hi mae." ethan waved at the camera. i returned the favor. ethan was such a cutie. so was grayson. look how blessed i am to have both of them. "so i hear you're coming to see us in two weeks. im so happy!"

"yeah i am." i smiled at him. "alright ethan, mae and i are talking." grayson butt in. he seemed to be a little weary that ethan and i were so close already, but i shook it off. it was our turn to talk.

"it's late gray, why didn't we do this earlier?" i chuckled, laying my head on my pillow. "i don't know. we were both pretty busy today." he reminded me.

"yeah. i missed you." i pouted. he looked at me like i was his everything. i wished and hoped and prayed that i was his everything, because he was definitely mine.

"i missed you too baby." the words dropped from his mouth, and i was instantly blushing. he called me baby. the way his voice sounded when he called me baby made me want to jump off a roof.

i could feel my eyes start to get droopy. i wanted to close them all the way but i knew i would fall asleep. i yawned, stretching my arms. "mae, you can go to sleep. i will be right here when you way up, gorgeous."

"you promise?" i asked, pulling my comforter over my small body. "yes, i promise. goodnight mae. i love you baby."

"i love you too."