Chapter 2

LAVENDER'S P.O.V

 *BEGINNING OF DREAM*

    It was raining. HARD! I could barely see anything 'cause the rain drops covered my nerdy glasses. where was I? It looked like an alley, but why was I screaming "stop?" I heard noises. It sounded like someone was getting beat up.

Person 1: "LET ME GO!"

Me: "Oh my goodness."

Person 2: "Are you gonna watch me kill your little boyfriend, Sweetheart?"

       My boyfriend? I don't even have a boyfriend. I used too. This couldn't be about Oliver, my ex. That was years ago and I'm pretty sure I've forgotten about him 'cause he was so full of himself. The dream got a little clearer, but I still couldn't see his face. All I saw was the shapes of male bodies. I look down to see who the man was punching. It wasn't Oliver... it was Adam!

Adam: "Leave her out of this, Mike!" He whimpered 

Me:" STOP! YOU'RE HURTING HIM!"

     The man named Mike let go of Adam and dropped his head on the wet, hard concrete. I ran to Adam, went down to his level, and put him into my arms, putting his head on my lap. There was blood everywhere. All Mike did was stand there and laugh. Mike was a tall, muscular black guy with a scar on the right side of his face and a tattoo on his arm that said "The Double F's." 

Mike: "You're lucky your little girlfriend's here, or I wouldv'e just killed you on the spot. You know, I have a heart. I can be calm, But punk-assess like you can raise a niggas heart rate... you better watch you back, Adam, 'cause I'm coming back."

      Mike gave Adam a hard kick in the ribs. He shivered and gave out a squeaky cry. He held on to his side very tightly. I held on to Adam, just rocking him back and forth in the middle of the pouring rain.. Why was this happening? What did Adam do so bad that he had to get beaten up for it?

*END OF DREAM*

     I woke up suddenly after the dream was over. It was daylight now. My parents went off to work while I just stayed home...ON A SATURDAY! I had no friends whatsoever at school, except for Adam. I was a wallflower. Nobody wanted to talk to me, and if they did, I would be called names that is too disturbing to say. I don't even know what I did wrong. I thought that being a senior would be a lot easier than being a freshman but I guess I was wrong.

    I get out of my bed and stepped on a body. I looked down and see a teenage boy laying on my floor covered in blood. He gave out a loud growl which made me scream and jump right back into my bed. I had nothing to protect me except for my pillows and blanket.

Me: "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?! I-I'M CALLING THE COPS!"

     The boy lifted his bloody body. his hand was reaching out towards me.

Teen Boy: "Lav, calm down! It's me... Adam."

    I saw his face. His lip was busted and his right eye was swollen. He looked liked.... how he appeared in my dream. It couldn't have been real. It just couldn't. He moved a little closer to me. I moved away from him because the person I knew didn't look the same anymore.

Me: "W-what happened to you?"

Adam: "You don't remember?"

Me: "No."

   I loosened up to him. I saw the Adam that I saw the night we were looking at the stars. Feels like that was days ago. Adam took a deep breath and began to tell the story.

Adam: "After The conversation we had, you went back inside and I was driving home."

  OK, I remember that happening.

Adam: "I stopped by the deli to get me a drink and...I ran into somebody."

Me: "Who?"

Adam: "Lets just say someone who wants me dead."

   Oh my goodness... could it be Mike, the man in my dream, or somebody else. I don't know anyone who would want to kill Adam. He told me everything about his past. He told me that he was a good kid, that he never got in trouble. I should know. I knew him most of my life. Maybe he didn't tell me the whole truth about his recent past. After a pause of thought, he continued.

Adam: "Anyway, I was in group with this person called The Double F's. I made  one little mistake that put me in this trouble."

   I remembered that name. It was tattooed on Mike's arm.

Me: "What was that person's name."

Adam: " Lav, I can't tell you his-"

Me: "WHAT'S HIS NAME?!"

Adam: "...Mike."

   No, the dream was actually real. A big gasp came out of my mouth as the tears swelled up my eyes. Adam could tell I remembered what happened. But the question still in my head was... what did he do so wrong that he should get killed for it.

Me: 'I-I remembered what happened."

   Adam didn't say anything. He looked away from me feeling ashamed.

Me: "Why did he do this to you?"

   I touched his warm cheek.

Adam: "The group I'm in... well, was in, The Double F's... it's a street racing group."

Me: "ADAM, ARE YOU SERIOUS?! You know what happened last time you were racing...you ended up in the hospital. What the hell were you thinking?!"

Adam: "I was thinking that if I won the race, I could've got the money, leave Mike and the crew, and get out of town!"

Me: "... But you lost. And your in some trouble. You told me you wasn't gonna street race anymore. So that means you're just gonna leave town?!"

Adam: "Not just me... you too. I put you in danger by calling you and leaving a voice mail.'

Me: "Is that how I knew where to find you?"

Adam: "Yea."

Me: "And why didn't I just call the cops? I had the address right on my phone. I could've stop this fr.."

Adam: "NO! They couldn't have done anything. Mike would still be after me. He would remember the bet I lost that cost him 5k. They just... can't. do. anything."

     I didn't know what to say. I have never seen Adam like this before. I couldn't really process that if he didn't  find a way to pay back all this money, then he will die. Now that I put myself in it, I could die too. There was a part of me saying Why am I in this? This is Adam's problem. Then there's a part of me saying I should help him since I'm in this. But I don't really want to die. Even if I get picked on at school and don't get attention from my parents. I wanted to grow up and get pass this stage of depression. I wanted to be there for Adam.