Chapter 9

LAVENDER'S P.O.V

      Adam and I were in the Winn Dixie grocery store outside of town to stock up the fridge. Adam didn't even look at the stuff he was picking up, he just threw them in the cart.

Me: "You know I can't drink that type of milk."

     He snaps out of his trance and looks at me.

Adam: "Sorry.  I'll get the other one."

    He rushes off to the milk section without saying another word. Why does he seem so distracted. Since we left the house, he's been looking over his shoulder like he's being followed. He's not paying attention to the things he's picking up.  When we were at the fruit stand, he grabbed a plastic ball that a little kid threw in there. He finally came back with the right milk.

Adam: "Better?" He drops the milk inside and walks off without me. "C'MON, LET'S GO!"

      Ok, now something is really wrong. I run after him. He's at the cash register just throwing all the items on the line. Why is he rushing?  We don't really have anything to do today.  I pulled back his arm so he was facing me.

Me: "Ok, whats going on with you? you've been so jumpy since we've got here and you're picking up balls instead of fruit."

       He realizes the ball in the cart and shakes his head. I stand there, waiting for him to respond. he lets out a big sigh. 

Adam: " I'm sorry. I just don't know how we're gonna get this money to Mike. I can't believe I got you into this. This all my fault."

Me: "Don't you dare blame yourself. You called me 'cause you know that I'm here for you. To hell and back, I will always be there for you"

          I placed a soft kiss on his lips. I've loved this boy for years and for the first time, I can see that he loves me back. I'm smiling so he knows that everything will be OK but deep down I know I'm in some deep shit. 

ADAM'S P.O.V 

           How could I be so blind for all these years. Lavender is the most perfect girl I've ever known, but my damn ego was blocking me from seeing it. I know she thinks what we're in some deep shit right now, and she's damn right, but I feel like we're gonna make it through together. We walk up to the cash register and start to put the items on the conveyor belt. I glance to the right and see one of Mikes boys just a few feet away from us.

Me: "Oh shit!"

        Now we're in trouble. I got to get us out of here before he see's us. My dumb decisions are gonna keep me in fear my whole life. I grab Lavenders arm to kinda give her the hint to hurry up.

Lav: "Whats wrong?"

Me: "We gotta go. RIGHT NOW!"

Lav: "Why?"

Me:" STOP ASKING QUESTIONS AND LETS GO!"

Lav: "But what about the..."

Me: " WHAT DID I SAY?! LETS GO!"

           She quickly paid the cashier and grabbed the bags. I grabbed her arm and speed walked out the door. What was he doing here? No one from the crew comes on this side of town. The say its full of stuck up people that don't know what its like to not have anything. It makes no sense.

Lav: "Ouch! Adam you're hurting me!"

Me : "I'm sorry" I let her go.  " I saw one of Mike's boys in there. I have no clue why he's here but all I know is that we gotta get the hell up outta here."

             I turn my head and see him searching the parking lot.

Me: "We gotta go."

             We get in the car and drive off. Things are definitely about to get worst. Maybe he didn't see us and was just there with someone else. My gut tells he something else is going on but I have no time to think. I call up my friend Zeke for some help. Zeke has the plug to everything from the black market to the new Jordans. He can help me get some quick money to help me out with my debt. Damn, I ask myself sometimes why I'm such a dumb ass.  Zeke answers the phone.

Zeke: "Yooooo! What's good A-man?"

=====================================================================================

* BACK AT WINN DIXIE*

On the phone

Crew Member: "Yeah Mike. He's with the girl. They're heading back to the city."

Mike: " Good. Follow them and make sure they don't get away. I'm gonna get my money one way or another. It's sad that a member has to die. I thought we were family. Make sure my money is collected or your head will be on the chopping board."

CM: " Yes Sir."

Call ends

================================================================================

I know it took me forever to update this book but I'm back now. Comment, vote, and tell me any thought or suggestions. Love you all!