1) Smash Mouth

*SomeBODY ONCE TOLD ME-*

I jumped out of bed, fully awake in a matter of seconds. Scanning around my room with wide eyes, it took 0.02 seconds to spot where that suicidal noise was coming from.

Jaiden.

Of course.

"Morning, (Y/n)." Jaiden said with a smile as if I hadn't just been woken up by Smash Mouth. And she was still playing it, her phone held out in front of her.

I slapped it out of her hands and it fell to the carpeted floor, the same lyric muffled on repeat;

🎶 And they don't stop comin' And they don't stop comin' And they don't stop comin'... 🎶

"Hey." Jaiden pouted, although there was no real hate behind it. "You should be nicer to someone who's letting you go to VidCon with 'em."

"You make a compelling argument," I admitted, padding over to my closet and deciding on what to wear. "But consider this... no."

I decided on a cute outfit to wear for the day:

Jaiden just let out a chuckle at my childish remark

Jaiden just let out a chuckle at my childish remark. We knew each other all too well to take each other seriously at this point.

She made herself comfortable on my bed, scrolling through her phone. Probably looking for fanart to show in an upcoming video, I assumed.

While she did that, I went into the bathroom to change and take a shower. Glancing up at the clock beforehand, however, that possibility was eliminated from my mind.

"Jaiden!" I peered my head around the doorway to the bathroom, glaring daggers at my friend. "Why didn't you tell me it was 6:15 already?! Don't we have to leave at 6:30?"

Sensing my question was completely rhetorical, Jaiden just rolled her eyes with a smirk. Huffing, I took the quickest shower of my life, changing into the outfit I had picked out. By the time I had finished drying and brushing out my hair, Jaiden was knocking on the bathroom door, telling me to "hurry up!"

Grinning, I opening the door like she said-

Opened it right on her face.

The car ride after that was pretty silent.

The airport was bustling with activity, even considering how early it was. It took a good twenty minutes just for Jaiden and I to find the right terminal, especially because of the weight of our luggage rolling behind us and dragging us down.

Eventually we managed to get to where our plane would take off from, gratefully flopping down into the squished seats the airport had. We were lucky enough to find two spots that were next to each other, so Jaiden and I set up camp and waited for our flight to be called.

A few minutes later, the flight attendant came over the intercom, the noise breaking the murmurs of the airport.

~ Flight 624 has now landed. First class and senior members are welcome to board. ~

Not long after that the announcer came on again, and Jaiden and I got up, grabbed our stuff, and got in line to board. The smile of the flight attendant when he checked our tickets tried to ease my nerves, but it was more excitement than anything else.

"Enjoy your flight!" He said cheerily, allowing Jaiden and I through.

"What's our seat numbers?" I asked Jaiden, who had gotten in ahead of me. Pulling our tickets together, the dark ink read H1 and H2. I got the window seat.

Ten minutes later everyone had boarded, and Jaiden and I were whispering as quiet as we could about what would happen once we landed. Since this was basically all Jaiden (considering she was the 'creator') I let her explain all about where the hotel was, what restaurants and cafes were closest to it, the other YouTubers she knew that would be there. I couldn't contain the smile that was on my face.

Another ten minutes and we were at cruising altitude, the stewardess coming around with drinks. I got a cola, and Jaiden disgraced her family name by getting Pepsi.

I refused to talk to her for the rest of the hour long flight.

Not that it would've mattered anyways, considering I fell asleep rather quickly. The beeping of the plane's pressurized cabin along with small chatter between other passengers all drowned out, lulling me into a peaceful sleep.

Chapter one is officially done!   ;0

Word Count: 722

~ Isa and Cas