Off to School We Go!

Chapter 3

I-I can't believe it. 

"Wow, look at all this candy Usa-chan~" Honey-sempi smiled at the large pile of m&ms. My own face was drained of all color. How did I lose so easily. I've never lost. Ever.

"I see you haven't stopped your gambling habit, Yumi," Haruhi sighed. I looked back at her my face was still expressionless.

I lost. I looked down at the watch tied to my bag. Crap!!!! I'm late!!!! I nearly jumped out of my chair and grabbed my bag. I started running towards the.

"SorryIhavetogobutIwillbebacktomorrow!" and with that I exited the host club.

The houses and people went by in a split second. It almost reminded me of my last day in America. Except this time I wasn't running to avoid the police but hey, you can't be choosey. My new large house started to grow in the distance, but something crossed my mind. I don't know where to sneak in. Shit! Shit! Shit!!! There was no other choice. I had to go through the front and pray my mother didn't notice.

I slowly creaked open the door and glanced around. No mom. Good. I slammed the door wide open dashing inside.

"Welcome home miss. Did you have a nice day at school. The mistress wishes to see-" I quickly ran past the maid on the stairs. It was the same one that brought me my uniform.

"YesthankyoulooktellmymotherI'llbedowninaminute!" I got into my room and threw open the closet doors. One of the benefits of being rich, your servants unpack for you. I grabbed the nicest thing and prayed my mother didn't notice me coming in so late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Haruhi!!! Come down!!! I know you're in there!" I called up at my cousin's apartment. The place was a bit out of the way, but it was worth it. I mean I would rather walk to school with Haruhi than ride in some stuffy limo anyday.

Haruhi came out with slightly surprised look. It quickly changed back to her usual expression as she came down the stairs. "Yumi, what are you doing in front of my house?"

I put on a large grin while patting her on the back. "What!? I can't decide to walk to school with my favorite cousin!" She glared at me.

"I'm your only cousin."

I shrugged. "Still"

"Is that Yumi that I hear!" I gulped as I was suddenly lifted in the air and twirled around.

"Nice to see you too, Uncle Ranka," I gasped for air.

"Dad, you can put her down now." Uncle stopped twirling and put me down. I can definitely say he hasn't changed one bit since I last saw him.

"Oh my, look how big you have gotten.  I could swear you're almost the spitting image of Haruhi!"

"So I've been told," I said irritated. This whole identical gag thing was starting to run itself into the ground.

Haruhi seemed to understood and grabbed my wrist. "Sorry, Dad, but we have to get to school," she had started dragging me down the street.

"Alright, have a good day!" Uncle called out before going back inside.

Haruhi had let go of my wrist, and we were almost to Ouran. I was just mindlessly rambling like always. Truth be told. I don't even know what I was talking about.

"Hey, why did you run out so quickly, yesterday?" Haruhi glanced over at me. I closed my mouth and thought for a moment.

"I just lost track of time," I said plainly.  I don't usually like answering half a question, but what could I say. "Oh you know, Cuz, my mother's a total bitch and doesn't like me having a social life. Oh and not to mention all of the training." My wrists were still red and sore from yesterday. I thought hitting your children on the wrists was looked down on. Guess she never got the memo.

Explanation, my "loving" mother wants only the perfect child to inherit her precious hotel franchise. Sadly though, there's only me. I use to have an older brother, but........ let's just say they had a falling out. She wanted him to take over while he just wanted to spend all his money in these little abandoned shacks. Different, from where I would go. I was playing poker while he was.... well yeah.

"Ok," Haruhi turned her attention to back in front of us.

We entered the school and let the day begin.  I'd go on about everything that happened in class, but that would very boring. When class finally ended, I let out a sigh only to catch it. I forgot about the host club. My head hit the desk with a thunk.

"You know, you don't have to stay in the club if you don't want to," Haruhi sighed looking at me. Man, she sure did that a lot.

I shotted my arm straight out and pointed at the ceiling. "I have to. I forbid having my dear cousin suffering through such a thing. Besides.." I trailed off turning my head to look her. "I'm the hero!!" I smirked at the last part.

Haruhi looked at me blankly. "Hero?" My smirk fell as I stood up.

"You wouldn't get it." Haruhi shrugged her shoulders and started walking out. "Hey! Don't forget about me!" I started running after her. We eventually reached Music Room 3 and opened the doors, except everything was decorated like an island paradise, and low and behold guess who was standing right in the middle.

Sorry for the shortness, but it is finally updated. *yay!!* Sorry for the long delay again I just have had a lot going on recently.  But this is not the time to worry about that, I do plan to update this again but please hold out until my other stories are updated too. Pleeaaasssee! Thanks ^.^