Chapter 21

Persephone

I saw white light shine at me, triggering me to stand up. I tried, but felt some metal attached to my ankles.

I turned around and saw chains from the quartz wall run across the quartz floor and into my feet.

I looked around my environment. More quartz walls surrounded the three sides of the room. The side in front of me was made of cyan stained glass.

Athaliah was on the other side of the room, chained, and still laid down on the floor with her eyes closed.

I reached out for the stained glass, but the chains limited my range.

With my free hands, I reached my pockets, hoping to grab my weapons. But my hands felt nothing but air. I tried grabbing my katana from its sheathe, but it felt like it vanished.

"Where the Nether am I..." I muttered, and I hoped I could answer that question as soon as possible.

I heard a groan, and I saw movement from Athaliah. She tried to stand up, but she looked back and saw the chains attached to her...

"What the..." I could barely hear Athaliah mutter as she saw the chains. She turned her head and saw me.

"Persephone? Where are we?" She asked me, while she moved her legs. She kicked the chains off her, but the chains wouldn't even budge as it remained sturdy.

"That's the question I really wanted to answer," I answered, trying to stomp the chains in an effort to break out.

I crouched and gripped my hands on the metal. I pulled the metal, but it showed no signs of breaking apart.

Then we heard the sounds of pistons retracting. I turned and saw a hole (or door) open up, revealing a masked figure.

"Mhm... You guys are enjoying your time, aren't it?" the figure said.

I wanted to scream at him. Enjoying?! You can clearly see it, you idiot!

The figured walked into the light, so we could see what the figure looked like.

The figure was wearing gas mask, so we couldn't see his face. However, he wore a white lab coat, and a black pants and shoe.

"What do you want from us?" I asked menacingly.

"And where the Nether are we?" Athaliah added as she struggled.

"Whoa, whoa!" the man exclaimed, "Calm down."

I looked at him menacingly, "Tell us where are we first."

"I was getting into that."

"WHERE ARE WE?!" Athaliah snapped at him.

"Okay, okay! I'll tell you... Notch..."

The man took a deep breath. I waited for him to answer.

"Let's say you're underground, in a hidden lab... as you can clearly see..."

Athaliah snapped and grabbed his neck, "The exact place!"

"I'll... tell you... if you... put me... down..." the man barely managed to say.

Athaliah sighed and dropped him. The man caught his breath.

He stood up, then answered us, "We are under Heijokyo, in BukkiTech's Biotechnology section."

I paused in thought. I recalled BukkiTech. It was the second largest science facility, next to SpigoTech. And unlike SpigoTech, BukkiTech is government-owned.