Chapter 32

Lion (TheSilentKiller-)

I darted my eyes around. Wide, flat plains stretched blocks away. Out of its edge lay a river, flowing smoothly as it can. Behind the river rose trees, oak and birch. A mountain stood at its peak beyond the skies. A naturalist will look for a scenery like this. Peaceful, calm, and open. But for some reason, I'm not happy with the meadows to see.

"Lion..." a voice echoed near me. It sounded strange, yet familiar.

I widened my eyes, unsure of what to do. If I remember correctly, then that voice belongs to...

"It's me..." the voice echoed yet again. I clenched my fists. It couldn't be... It couldn't be...

"No," I muttered.

"Please, son..." the voice pleaded, "I just wanted to protect you."

"Protect me?!" I suddenly blurted out, not even looking at my father, "All you did was send me into a facility that felt like the Nether, Dad! You raised me, only to use me as your puppet! You only betrayed me for money!"

"But that was all I could do!" my dad argued, emotion in his tone. "I only did it for our family, son... Our future."

"Our future?! You made my future look bleak and shady! Look what you've done! Do you think that a father would let his son get despised by society? That he would just let his son get hunted down just because he has this special ability found in him?!"

"I didn't mean to, son! I looked everywhere for you! I tried to undo what I've done! Even I had to turn myself into a Project just to find you, son!"

"Son? Do you think I feel like a son to you?!"

"Please!" he pleaded, sobbing, "You have to understand..."

I groaned. One way to settle this...

I darted my eyes around, making sure that I don't make eye contact with my father, and a few blocks away laid a lava pond.

I inhaled, then dashed straight to the lava pond.

"Son! Stop!" my father cried, still sobbing tears (I could hear him), as I heard footsteps land on the grass.

A few blocks away from the lava, I jumped, rolled myself into a cannonball, and landed straight into the lava.

* * * * *

"GAH!"

I opened my eyes and rose out of the haystack in a quick and sudden manner. Breathing heavily, I instantly recognized that the moon still shone above the train.

"Oh Notch..." I muttered while taking inhales and exhales.

Ignoring the scent of manure, I heard someone's voice.

"Are you okay?"

I turned around and I saw Nev. She went close to me, less than a block as I recognized her beautiful face, her eyes looking straight at me.

"Yeah. Just a bad dream," I answered.

"More like a nightmare."

I chuckled. I love it when she does that.

"What did you dream about?" she asked as she laid down beside me.

"It was about my Notch-forsaken father."

"What made you say that? The Notch-forsaken thing?"

"My father betrayed me for money. They sold me to BukkiTech so that they could experiment on me. I used to love him more than anything else, but I guess he turned out to be a laughingstock when it comes to parenting."