Chapter 30

OMG it's chapter 30 :0

Without further ado...

* * * * *

Persephone

"Everyone in?" Newton asked. I tried darting my eyes around, but only faint light entered my eyes. I could barely see the figures of other people.

"I think so," I answered.

Newton shut down the truck door.

Caden... whoever this guy was, sat on the driver's seat. He turned to us, and started, "Okay, let's start with this..."

He then started the truck, which shook gently, causing muffling sounds. Later, we could feel the truck accelerate a couple of meters.

"Ever heard of mind control technology?" he asked.

"That's not the first time I heard it," I said as a matter-of-factly.

"Well, that's the first time we heard of it..." Nev said.

"And I read about mind control technology in this book," Ray showcased a book entitled Alezhandra's Journal.

"Wait, you had the journal?" Athaliah spoke up.

"...yes."

Silence quickly developed into an aura that surrounded us.

"Storm knew about the government's plans. She knew about its technology, that Projects are going to be used as "weapons of mass destruction", along with another technology that can cause Minecraftia's doom."

Another technology...?

"Anyways, that aside," Caden interrupted. "The government has mind control, yes. But Sir Blaise has the technology as well. And he has controlled most of the Projects living in his bases."

"Bases? As in the plural form of base?" Ray asked.

"There were more than just one base in Minecraftia. He has branches in each region in Minecraftia except Central Minecraftia," Newton explained.

"And we used to live in the East Minecraftian branch," Caden stated.

"So, you're saying that if we stay under Sir Blaise, we'll be controlled?" Nev recapped.

"Most likely. Sir Blaise actually gathered Projects all over Minecraftia so that he could control them."

"Bull-freaking-crap," Nev cursed.

"Chill," Lion told Nev.

"In more complex terms, Sir Blaise is part of Operation Lightning itself," Newton added. "And we only managed to escape him because some bombers decided to destroy the base. But most Projects there were already controlled there, so they managed to survive the bombings against their will."

"And we're surprised that those bombers were actually East Minecraftian Air Force," Caden commented.

"I wouldn't be surprised at all," I spoke up.

"What do you mean?" Newton asked.

"I talked to the East Minecraftian Director once. She intended to free Minecraftia from the President itself."

"How'd you know we could trust her?" Caden questioned.

"They literally set me into chaos," Athaliah added.

"You said that the bombers were East Minecraftian Air Force, right?"

"Yes."

"She probably sent those bombers to thwart the President's plans."