Arrival

[Rain is falling from the sky like a sponge being rung out over our heads. The shiny blue car zooms down the street with water and mud shooting out from under it.]

*Nessa*

I looked over at Roni who was asleep with her earbuds shoved neatly into her ears. As we hit a pothole in the road, I flew into the passenger seat ahead of me. "Ow," I said in pain.

"Sorry guys," my dad spoke delightfully.

"Well this is just off to a great start," Roni muttered, who was now wide awake and staring out the window.

My head turned and looked at the pastel green house to the right of the road. In the faded window I could see a family sitting around a cherry oak wood table. They bowed their heads in peace, then looked up and dug into their meals. I faced forward.

"How much longer?" Veronica sighed.

"We are almost there," informed my mom. "Just a little while longer."

--==(+)==--

The car jolted to a stop. My eyes blinked open. I climbed out of the cramped car and my eyes immediately were fixed on the object in front of me. It was a tall, old house. There was paint peeling off every square inch, and a green rotting wood was revealed. I stepped closer towards the building and placed my pale fingers on it. The paint dissolved at my touch, and created a shiny, gray powder.

I heard another engine and turned around to see who was greeting my parents. There were 2 figures that stepped out of the broken down red truck; an older looking man with a brown leather baseball cap on and a tall, gleaming guy who was staring directly at me.

"Need some help with your bags?" He asked with a smile spread across his dull face.

"What..." I stared at him. "Oh, uh yeah, thanks"

He grabbed my bags and headed inside.

Maybe moving isn't so bad after all.

[Author's Note]:
So I've never written a fan fiction or anything before and I've only had this app for a few hours now, but from the stories I've read, I prefer the parts to be slightly shorter. If you guys don't like them this short, comment or private message me on Twitter @MerrellTwinFann with some feedback. It'd really be appreciated since I'm new at this😊
Thanks
-MerrellTwinFann (the one and only)