And then it happened

..continued

Collins followed me into the hallway. I walked outside the dimly lit, loud classrooms. Collins looked over at me. I felt my eyes slowly shift over to the amazing figure. His eyes were a soft golden brown... which were different since I last saw him.

"Hey did you get contacts?" I wondered curious to know why his eyes weren't so dark and bold anymore.

"No," he stated quickly.

"But," I speak, "your eyes.. they were black the last time I saw you and now," I pause. "Now they are golden brown." I continue staring into his eyes, keeping his focus locked.

"Yeah, no, uh," he stuttered, "it's the, uh, fluorescents. Um.."

My eyes didn't budge, and neither did his, at least for a second.

He quickly drove himself down the long hallway.

-{+}-

I set my old leather bag on top of the matching green car. I could feel people watching as I glanced over at the high school. In the distance car motors rumbled and horns honked, but I payed no attention to that.

The cold faces of the Key family sucked my soul into theirs (not literally haha), especially Collins who stood at the other end of the parking lot watching me. The distant screeching of car tires got closer. Then even closer, until all I saw was a huge blob of blue metal flying at me. I stood there in disbelief and shock, my eyes squinted, ready to die.

A figure flew swiftly towards me.

The car smashed into my vehicle, but I was still breathing.

I didn't die.

How did I not die?

I turned my head, my legs numb. Collins was holding onto me. His hand pounded into the rough metal of the large car, which didn't look so much like a car anymore. His eyes stared deeply into mine.

My breathing was staggered, and Collins eyes weren't the same color as earlier. They were black. Pitch black, like a dark and stormy night. Like the night I left home.

He jumped up and hopped over the cars, running away from the school.

People ran towards me, as shocked as I was. But I wasn't shocked, I was more than shocked. I was-

"Roni! Roni! Roni!" The students shouted, all grabbing onto me at once. But I wasn't injured.

"I'm calling 911!" One shouted.

"Veronica, I'm so sorry," the driver stuck his head out the window, somehow not hurt, except a small cut on his forehead. "I panicked," he spoke.

The keys walked away.

Authors note:

So I need you guys to tell me if you are enjoying this series or not. Sorry I haven't been posting in a while, I've just been really busy with school, but not just that. I haven't been writing because I don't know if you guys enjoy this series or not. I'm a pretty bad writer so I would get why you would not like it, so it would be awesome if you could comment below saying whether you like it or not. (Or message me on twitter @MerrellTwinFann) So if enough people like it, then I'll continue, but if not a lot of people enjoy it, then I'll stop. Also please be honest😬👌. Thanks guys!!! Ily❤️

-MTFann