Chapter Two

I hope you like it so far! Comment and tell me what you think!

************************************

Chapter Two

The Crash!

************************************

"McKenzie! McKenzie, you ok?" I opened my eyes. Shealynn was shaking me. I must have pasted out.

"Yea, Shealynn. I'm fine," I said hopefully. I got up and looked and what made me pass out.

There she was! "Tatum!" She seemed to be in a daze. Singing a song in her beautiful high voice. The song sounded as if to be in a different language. I looked at her with awe and wondered what she was singing.

She say there at the edge so beautiful, like an Angel. I wonder if it was real. She wore a short white dress that flowed and she was bare footed. She had no make up on and her beautiful blonde hair curled. She swung her feet above the water as she sang.

"Don't bother, she won't listen to anyone." Shealynn said softly. I was so confused. What is going on? I'm reading Tatum's suicide note one minute and the next I'm sitting beside her listening to her sing. What's next?

"C'Mon, let's go get some answers!" I said as I stood up. I looked like a train wreck and had a date in thirty minutes so I grabbed Tatum and pried her off of the dock an finally got her in the back seat of my car. She was so loopy but finally responding.

"Where are we goin?" Tatum asked. She now sounded awful and annoying.

"School," I answered.

Like a five year old would yell to their mommy, Tatum yelled to me, "But I don't wanna go to stupid school!" She sounded exactly like a little kid.

"Deal with it!" I snapped. For once I was getting to play the Big Sister lead.

Shealynn was putting the boxes in the trunk while I was babysitting Tatum.

"Ok, let's go!" Shealynn said. Tatum screamed and even kicked the back of Shealynn's seat. "Kid! If you don't stop I'm gonna...." Her voice trailed off as she turned around.

"Hmmm hmmm, hmmm hmmm hmmm," Tatum began humming a song in the back as we turned up the radio trying to tune her out. The school was only fifteen minutes from the dock.

A high pitched scream made Shealynn and I turn and look. "What do you want!" I snapped at Tatum.

"I sowwy, I like this song," Tatum answered. I laughed and turned up my radio.

"We should be there any minute." Shealynn told her. "Can you be good and quiet until then?" Tatum nodded.

As I turned back around a scream escaped my mouth. Shealynn quickly jerked her head to see what I screamed at. BOOM! A car smashed against the right side of my car, knocking Shealynn out! I turned to check on Tatum, not a scratch on her. I shook Shealynn a few times. "Are you ok?" she starting opening her eyes as I spook.

"I've been better!" she answered with a laugh. I told her to stay with Tatum and I went to check out the car.

"A little scratched but not much damage," I said as I got back in the car.

"Did you talk with the man that hit us?"

"No, it was a hit and run. We will tell the police later, but right now we have to find out more about Tatum." I carefully drove off. I saw a Walgreens and turned in to get Shealynn a Band-Aid.

"I want to go!" Tatum shouted.

"Fine, lets go. Shealynn stay in here and rest." I replied.

"Ok, hurry back."

"I will," I said as I shut the door to my silver Sonata. Tatum and I walked the aisles looking for some Band-Aids.

"McKenzie," I turned and looked, "can I please have this teddy bear?"

"No Tatum, put it away."

"Fine," she said as she dropped her head and went to put it up. "But, can I have a juice box?"

"Sure, you can have a juice box. Just hurry up." I said, grabbing the Band-Aids. I walked up to the counter and Tatum was running after me. Her white dress flowing and her blonde curls swaying with each step. I paid and left.

"Why did you need Band-Aids?" Shealynn questioned.

"You hit your head, there's a little blood. Here," I handed her a Band-Aid and opened Tatum's juice box. "Next stop, the school."