BLACK HOLE SUN P1

[6x04] -part 1

(The next morning, Kai is still taped to a chair in front of the fireplace

(The next morning, Kai is still taped to a chair in front of the fireplace.)

Kai: "And of course, I broke into the Oval Office and took a picture of myself at the window, looking all JFK. But then, I was, like, "Wait-How am I going to get these photos developed?" --"

(Damon is sitting across from him)

Damon:(interrupts) "Oh my god, just answer the damn question. How are we going to get out of this twilight zone?"

Kai: "I got a question for you first. Why do you think we're stuck on a repeating loop of May 10th, 1994?"(Damon raises his eyebrows as if to say he doesn't know), doomed to relive a solar eclipse forever and ever, and ever."

Damon: "How the hell should I know?"

Kai: "Well, I heard you tell Bonnie this place was your own personal hell. I'm kinda curious why."

(Bonnie walks into the room.)
- "I found everything you asked for: can opener, shower drain, grinding wheel, jam, pocket knife, volume "O" of the encyclopaedia, a nail and a black marker. (She dumps the bag full of materials in the table in front of Damon and Kai)
-Now what?"

Kai: "Can't show you with my hands taped."

(Bonnie reaches over, grabs the pocket knife and walks over to Kai)

Damon: "Bonnie..."

Kai: "Thank you." (Bonnie cuts off the tape on his wrists.)

Damon: "Okay. Fine. How is the pile of crap going to get us out of here?"

(Kai rubs his sore wrists.)
- "I'll explain... As soon as you tell me what you did on May 10th, 1994."

Damon: (Frustrated) "What difference does it make?!"

Kai: "Let me put it this way-- Bonnie's magic is one part of the equation. My as-yet undisclosed knowledge is the other. Which means you would be hitching a ride home for free. I just want to know if you deserve to come along."

(Damon storms over to Kai, snatches the pocket knife from Bonnie and lifts Kai up to put the knife against his neck)

Damon: "or I could just torture you until you say something useful."

Kai: (confused, speaks slowly) "If you torture me, I'll get mad, and then I won't want to help you." (He looks towards Bonnie)... "What kind of person needs to have that explained to them?"

(Bonnie reaches over and takes the knife out of Damon's hand. Damon roughly lets Kai go, Kai laughs)

Bonnie: "Play nice."

Damon: "Stop trying to impress the new guy."

Bonnie: "Why don't you just tell him your story?"

Damon: "Maybe because I don't want to talk about the worst thing I ever did, Bonnie."

(Kai, who was sitting on the couch, opened the jam and smiles)

Kai: "Ooooh, now I'm listening."
(He scoops out some jam from the jar with his hand and eats it)

" (He scoops out some jam from the jar with his hand and eats it)

(Damon is pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration)

Kai: "I need to be entertained while I work." (Kai is lying on his back on the couch, screwing open anther jam jar with the can opener) "Hell story, pleaaase"

Damon: "Remind me not to kill him."

Bonnie: "Maybe telling him your story will take your mind off of it."

Damon: "Whose side are you on?"

Bonnie: "The side where we get to go home to the people we love?"

Damon: (after a moment) Fine. (He turns to Kai) "On May 9th, 1994, I was living here. I'd come home to walk the straight and narrow."

(The camera moves past his head and into the flashback)

PRESENT DAY-1994

(Kai is snoring on the couch.)

Damon: "Perfect. Our savior's insane and narcoleptic."

Kai: "No, no, no. I'm awake. Let me guess... You killed the pregnant woman."

Damon: "Shut up, Kai. You weren't listening."

Kai: "I was listening, in my sleep. You were hanging out with your distant-nephew Zach, who you called Uncle Zach, because that's not confusing. Plus, pregnant lady Gail, who had a big bull's eye on her chest. Got it."

(Bonnie turns to Damon.) "Tell me you didn't kill a pregnant woman."

Kai: "Oh, that's totally what happened. Why else would today be his personal hell?" (Damon's expression shifts to angry as he kneels in front of the table to face Kai,) "Oh, here we go."

Damon: "The only reason that you're alive right now is because I thought you could get us out of here and you could help us. But you don't HAVE any answers! You're just a man-child - (he picks up the empty jam jar and tosses it) - with jam on your fingers!"

Kai: "Okay. To get home, we'll harness the power of the eclipse using a mystical relic. It's called an Ascendant, and it looks like this, Damon - (he picks up a model of the Ascendant, which is round, black and red) - "The last time we had it was in the Pacific Northwest, Oregon." (He opens the encyclopaedia to a map and sets it on the table).

Bonnie: "We?"

Kai: "It belonged to my family. So-- (He picks up the pocket knife and slits the top of his finger) -- here's a little blood to get you started. Now all we need is a locator spell to pinpoint it's whereabouts."

(Damon looks at Bonnie) "Think you can find our ticket out of here, Bon-Bon?"

Bonnie: "Hell. Yeah."