Chapter 2

-24 hours earlier-

It was the beginning of New Year's Eve and there were banners hung all over Storybrooke. As Emma was preparing to hang out with her family, Prince Charming, Snow White, and Henry, she noticed there was one place in the entire town that wasn't decorated with 'Happy New Year' signs. Regina's house....
-Regina's P.O.V-
It had been a while since Cora passed away, due to Snow White and Regina was not yet ready to leave her house. She had sworn vengeance for her mother and was planning to kill the naive Snow White. As she looked out her window at the town, she scowled in disgust at the brightly decorated town which she ran. She let out a long, deep sigh as she saw Henry and Emma heading to Granny's Diner. "Henry.... It's going to be very different this New Year's Eve....." Regina's eyes teared up as the young boy walked away with the sheriff.

Later that night, there had been a slight get together at Granny's. Regina was reluctant to go, but she knew it'd be the only way she'd get to see her son. As the mayor had come out of the shower, she heard her phone buzzing. It was Emma. Emma:Hey, Madame Mayor... I was just texting to tell you that if you'd want, you should come out to Granny's tonight.
Regina: I'm looking forward to it Sheriff Swan. I'll see you and my son later tonight.

As Regina had received new plans, she changed into a sleek black dress and blow dryed her hair as she fluffed it in her regular style.