chapter 1

Nine years later...

I walked into my highschool seeing my bestfriend David. He was pretty cool, he's on the football team with me.

We weren't close. I had a disability with getting close to people. It never worked out. I would push them away if they got to close and no one wanted a broken guy.

Yes, I was broken. Some people hated me for it too. Like my ex and sometimes even David. We didn't always get along but we made it work.

Being the quarterback for the football team didn't help with any of this either.

"Hey, dude." David said next to me the next moment slapping my back where the big number thirty two stood out in red.

"Ready for the game today?" he asked me and I shrugged. "Oh by the way...we're getting a new kid and since you were late to first period yesterday Mr. Kellan is assigning you to be his guide" When he said that I groaned.

"What's his name? And do I have to?" I asked and David nodded.

"Um his name is Jared. But I'm not totaly sure. I heard he's been through a lot so go easy on him, ok?" David is always nice to new people. It's the ones he gets tired of he has trouble with.

"Yeah, whatever." I said and went to my first period class. Mr. Kellan saw me and nodded.

Everyone walked in and a kid with long hair that hung over his eyes a bit and he was tall, way taller than me walked in. He had bright green eyes and he walked proudly.

"Sorry I'm late." He said, out of breath.

"Nonesense!" Mr. Kellan said and David and I both scoffed. "Class this is...Jared Padalecki. Please welcome him." He said and handed Jared a note sitting him down beside me in the third row.

"Hi, I'm Jared." He smiled and his white teeth shown.

"Jensen" was all I said, snapping at him.

Jared gave me a funny look but turned in his seat. Andrea martin turned around and looked at him. She smiled those fake teeth and asked him if he needed anything.

"No, I'm good...thanks." He smiled an imperfect smile at her and she twirled her hair, turning around.

I scoffed under my breath.

Jared looked at me and shook his head. He looked down and his smile fell from his face when he looked at the paper. He looked up at me and his lips turned pouty.

I smirked. He knew, he knew I was his guide.

At the end of class Jared stood up right when the bell rang and tried to leave but I grabbed his shirt and pulled him back to my table.

"Uh uh. You are coming with me. You get me out of my classes, well half, but still. Your not leaving." I said and he groaned. I packed up, smiling on the inside because of how slow I was going. By the time I got done everyone was already gone and Jared was playing with a pencil on his desk.

"Alright let's go." I said and got up.

"So um why did you move here?" I asked and he shrugged caught off guard by my nice question.

"Actually I moved back. I um...was in trouble so I had to move." He said catching my attention.

"Trouble?" I asked and he smirked at that but he didn't answer just took a left following his map he had in his hand.