Chapter 5

Jensen's point of view.

I looked at David as he bounded up to Jared with a dorky smile and he waved and patted Jared on the back. He whispered something in his ear and Jared giggled making me glare at David. David said hi to me then ran away like a little school girl.

"What was that about?" I asked Jared, eyeing him mysteriously.

"Nothing. I have to go alright?" Jared said and looked around then leaned over and kissed my cheek running off to where David had gone.

hmmmm. I thought and looked around seeing Stacy lean on some dudes car. It looked like she was being mauled by him. She looked obviously bored and I chuckled to myself shaking my head at her. She glared back and pushed him off her.

She headed toward the school building and I wanted to follow I really did, because I was tired of fighting with her. I mean I didn't mean for it not to work out between us, it just happened.

Instead I headed in the direction of Jared. I waddled around the front of the building sinking low enough so if he was around the corner he wouldn't see me. Jared was leaning on the dumpster looking at David, he was raising his hands yelling something at him that I couldn't hear from this far away. There was a girl on one side of Jared. She looked torn and sad. She held a small girl in front of her that was about two. She had dark brown hair and green eyes, the little girl reached down and picked up a flower and held it out to Jared. He stopped yelling and took it from her smiling and ruffled her wavy brown locks.

Something about the girl looked oddly familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. David gestured to the little girl and then the girl beside Jared. The older girl shook her head and touched Jared's arm gently the Jared hugged her and kissed the little girls forehead giving her a big hug. She waved goodbye and Jared still had the flower.

David looked at Jared and I could tell he sighed because his shoulders slumped and he took a step toward Jared putting his hand on his shoulder and then pulled him in for a hug. Jared shook his head on David's shoulder and I knew Jared was crying. he always does that when he cries and when David patted him on the back resulting Jared letting go and walking away, I walked away to.

When I got back to my car the lady, that I now realized was about eighteen, and the little girl were passing me. The two year old was walking, she wobbled every once in a while but not much. she started to get faster and soon she was trying to run away from the lady, the girl called out to the child that was now coming towards me.

The little girl was now hiding behind me when the woman came bounding up to me.

"Sorry about that." she said taking the child's hand and picking her up. I could see the tiredness in the older ones eyes and something in me wanted to console her.

"Naw its alright. What's her name?" I asked waving at the little one.

"Ashley, we- I call her Ash." she mumbled looking up at me and I smiled. The little girl held out another flower, this time towards me and I took it saying thank you. the girl smiled showing about four teeth which made me laugh.

"Well I got to go." the lady said and the got in her truck, buckling Ash in. The little girl had freckles on her face and her green eyes made me melt and I still couldn't figure out why she was so familiar. I turned back around seeing Jared walk into the school building. He has some explaining to do. what are you hiding Jared?