chapter 6

Chapter 6

I felt Jareds hand leave mine as we pulled into the parking lot and I looked down at my now empty hand.

"Babe....don't be sad. We agreed not to..." he trailed off and I huffed.

"Doesn't mean I like it." I mumbled and pushed the old creaky truck door open.

"Yeah, I know but what will people say when they find out that the new guy and the quarterback of the football team are going out." He responded right when David came up behind us.

He patted me on the back making my jersey ruffle."Hey dude. Hey other dude!" He laughed, he's all drilled up for the game.

"Hey Davi." Jared said and I gave him a look when David looked at him.

Jared just shook his head, then waved goodbye and headed off to his class leaving me and David alone.

"Man, I'm so hyped! Game day brotha" he laughed. And I smiled a weak smile at him.

"Yeah, what was that with Jared?" I asked and Davids eyes widened.

"Nothing Jen. Look, see ya in class?" He shifted uncomfortably when I nodded he ran off. I walked into my first class seeing Jared talk to Kelli, a girl who always flirts with Jared.

I walked over and sat behind Jared and poked him in the shoulder. "Hey you busy tonight?" I asked and He looked back at me with a sad expression.

"Um, well I actually have to do something tonight." He replied.

 "Oh, what? I could help...maybe." I asked and he shook his head and I was a little bit shocked.

"Um. No thanks, I just have to help my uh mom with some stuff,  we can talk later." He turned around in his seat and opened up his book.

He's hiding something and I know that but there was a look in his eyes. "Yeah, we'll talk later." I whispered.

I got up at the end of class, jared tried talking to me but I rushed past leaving Jared stunned in his seat. I watched him out of the corner of my eyes and he watched me slam the classroom door. He knew I was mad. Why wouldnt I be mad ge has been blowing me off ever since that day when I saw with that girl.

I walked out into the hallway, seeing Shelby walk by and I raced towards her grabbing her arm and pulling her to my side. "Hi, How are you?" I asked making her giggle. She threw her head back and flipped her hair making me gag. Me and Shelbie have been doing favors for each other since high school started. We make people jealouse, get each other out of detention or use each other for some fun, it works with us.

"I'm good. How are you Jensen?" She smiled at me. I nodded and watched Jared glare at me from the corner of my eye.

"I'm alright Shelby. Well I need a favor....and you owe me from the last time we talked." I smiled a wicked smile at her.

"Well, well, well. Look who's come to be a player, Mr. Jensen." She smirked pulling me closer to her.

"I've always been a player, Shelby" I said and smiled at Jared who watched closely. Shelbie leaned closer and bit my ear and soon after I heard a locker door slam signaling the favor was done

"What was that?" Jared asked me at lunch giving me a weird look.

"What?" I glared at him.

"You know what Jen." He said and glared back.

"I don't know what your talking about Jared. I did nothing I was just talking to a friend. You can't get all jealous when your the one who turned me down in the first place." I whispered hoarsely.

"You're being an asshole today Jensen. I said I had to help my mom. You can't expect me to ditch my mom for you! The old Jensen would never let me do that!" He whispered loudly back.

"Oh come on Jared don't play dumb. We all know that isn't true so just stop lying" I said and I whipped around turning my back to him and walked off.