Chapter 13

Tiger's pov

I watched as Frostwing drops dead to the floor, i feel tears run down my cheeks as i pounce on the dog that attacked my brother, i notice the dog drop the small body of a kit. The kit looked up for a moments before the color faded from his eyes, i dig my teeth into the dog's fur and it lets out a pained screech. It turned back and bites my back, pulling me off and throwing me into the air, i land hard on my side and quickly scramble to my paws. Soon, one by one, the dogs left, blood trailing behind them, i turn and spot quit a few lifeless bodies, Deerkit, Shellkit, and Owlkit run out from their mother's side and look around, fear in their eyes. "Where's Archnose and Flintkit?" Deerkit asks innocently, her big light green eyes searching. "Over there! They must be tired from fighting" Owlkit meows to his sisters, i give the kits a soft smile. "Is Smokeheart sleeping?" Shellkit asks, Smokeheart runs over to her kits, licking them over their heads and whispering soothing words. "Mommy, why is Archnose and Flintkit asleep?" Deerkit asks again. I turn away from the kits and face Smokeheart, the she-cat's fur is covered in blood, and her whole backside was bitten out. I lock eyes with her, her eyes aren't plain blue anymore, they where a sparkling blue. She lays down and curls her kits closer, they look at her innocently, not understanding anything she told them. "Go with Tigerleap young ones, mother's going to sleep" they nod and run over to my side. I curl them closer to me with my tail and watch sadly as Smokeheart laid still, beside her lover, Spottedfern watched as well, tears in her eyes, Jadestep, Oakfrost, and Antleap also watched, their tears threatening to spill.

Spotted's

I watch as Smokeheart dies, tears running down my cheeks as i stare at Archnose's small body, i should have been a better sister. I stand beside his body and lay down, burying my face in his fur, memories going though my head.

   Before i even got out of the camp i tripped, looking down i saw Antkit in front of me, Oakkit and Archkit behind me.

 "Go play somewhere else kits" i meowed harshly. 

"Sorry Spottedfern, but we're playing" Archkit meowed, ignoring me.

 I picked him up by his scruff with my claws softly to not hurt him, he hissed and tried scratching me but couldn't reach.

 "Let me go you over sized mouse-brain" he hissed.

 "Go play somewhere else" i hissed dropping him. 

"SPOTTEDFERN!"  

I chuckle at the memory and stand up, leaving the body as i walk over to my brother's kits, Tumblekit runs over and follows me. "Tigerleap, what am i going to do with them?" i ask the tom who was currently watching the kits. "I'll take them" he meows. "Are you s-". "Yes Spottedfern, i'd love to take them" i nod and continue to follow the group of cats, glancing to make sure Tigerleap was watching the kits.

Shell's pov

I followed my littermates and Tigerleap, he picks up Deerkit and sets her on his back, she giggles and lays down, falling sleep. "Are we just leaving them?" Owlkit asks, i roll my eyes. "Yes Owlkit, why don't you go and find Rockkit and Puddlekit to play with?" Owlkit sighs but nods and goes to find the two older kits. "Their dead, aren't they" i ask Tigerleap, he nods sadly. "Are you our father now?" he shrugs then nods. I accept the answer and began to look around at all the cats. My paws started to get tired and i started to lag behind, i sighed thankfully as a brown tabby with leafy green eyes, Mudwhisker. I let myself relax and fall asleep in the medicine cat's hold.