Chapter 1-Rosie

Chapter 1-Rosie

Rosie wakes up and checks her watch, it is 9:32 AM. She ties up her long blond hair in her favourite blue band, the one her father had gave her before he died. Rosie was alone in the forest, she had been alone for the best part of 3 months since she witnessed her father being torn apart by a group of walkers, this was in the early days of the outbreak.

She had been surviving with her sister, Ruby. Ruby was 9 years old, sadly Ruby was separated from Rosie when they were scavenging for scraps in a small Walmart near their house. Rosie's dad had taught her to hunt and to survive before the outbreak, he always wanted a boy and single handed raising 2 daughters was hard for him, so he more or less raised them as boys. Ruby had very little survival training as apposed to her older sister.

Rosie had learned a lot in the years that her father was still with her, her father had been training her to survive the outbreak and used her hunting skills to do so. They had done well for themselves to survive as long as they did, but he knew that it was only a matter of time. He had a bad back due to a war accident. He could walk but not for long and he could not run at all. Rosie was well equipped and had a good knowledge of how to survive now.

she slept in trees using rope to tie her down so she didn't fall. She didn't even remember the comfort of a warm bed anymore. She was good with knives, she could throw a knife and hit her target straight between the eyes from 10 meters away.

She was equipped with 3 small knives for throwing, a small hatchet, 12 meters of rope, a water bottle, 3 oat bars and 4 tins of spam. She also had her fathers combat knife, the only thing she had left to remember her father. Rosie yawns and stretches before rifling through her backpack and taking out one oat bar and the bottle of water. She ate her bar as she looked up at the mornings sky, wishing that a family would come and take her away to live happily.

In the last 3 months Rosie had started to pass through the key stages of puberty, she had size 32B breasts and a well toned body.

There was a boy back before the outbreak in her school that she was very fond of and she thought of him often. Thought of his shaggy brown hair, his beautiful blue eyes.

Rosie snapped out of her daydream to the sound of a bird flying low in the tree lines. She immediately takes a small knife from her belt and slowly arises to her feet being careful not to fall.

She draws back the knife and follows the bird with her eyes waiting for it to be still enough for her to throw the knife into the skinny bird. the bird swoops down and lands on a tree branch mere meters in front of her she stays perfectly still trying not to scare it away.

Finally it looks down to the ground and almost instinctively she throws the knife and lets out a small yelp as she does so. The knife slices through the birds left breast as if it were butter. She goes over and ties the freshly killed bird to her backpack and heads off towards the road side.

She had no idea were she was going but that didn't seem to matter anymore... 

----------------------------------

Ok so with chapter 1 over, we've met our main character Rosie, found out her back story and now I will switch to writing in first person.

------------------------------------