Prologue

Frisk finally did it.

The perfect ending. Not only did Frisk save Asriel, but even Chara. They all found a way to make it to the surface, together. And everything would finally be okay.

Sans and Frisk had grown a special bond over the knowledge of the timelines, as Sans has sworn to protect her by all costs. Although it took a while, he eventually came to trust and forgive Asriel and Chara, as the group of friends found themselves becoming closer and closer every day

Frisk had done everything she could in her first year as the ambassador, and had gotten almost every major right for monsters, including citizenship and marriage. There was only one area that Frisk could fins no budge. The one issue that kept everyone together.

Child Custody.

It had been just over a year on the surface when child protective services came to take Chara and Frisk, describing the situation as "Dangerous" and that monsters had an "unhealthy influence" on them. After a hard fought, but lost custody battle, the King and Queen found themselves lied to about even visitation with their beloved Frisk and Chara.

And so a year and a half has passed. The Royal family, and the other beloved monsters we know have moved to a small town in Pennsylvania, trying to move on with their lives. Papyrus has finally convinced Sans to do something, and he has enrolled in the local high school.

If only he knew how such a decision would effect all of their lives.

New friends, new memories, new conflicts and enemies.  A new life for Sans, Asriel, and all of the others. This is life on the surface.