First Day (Part 2)

"nah, i just feel it in my bones."

"Well that's because you're a complete bonehead."

The first day was just about over. Overall it was a good day. But I still couldn't shake this feeling. This feeling of something so familiar...

Nostalgia.

Frisk is gone. I knew this. But the truth is there was something inside me that kept feeling as if I was getting close to her...

But I don't allow myself to have false hope.

Kobe must have noticed that I had gone awfully quiet. It was the last period of the day, study hall. We were just sitting at a library with a few of his friends, all of them very nice people, besides that one asshole on the bus. I I haven't seen any of him around, since that little indiscretion. Overall it was a good day, the only thing that ruined it was just the painful memory, the realization of no matter how hard I try, Frisk isn't coming back.

"You okay, buddy?" I must have been out of it for a while.

"heh heh, yeah. of course."

He didn't seem convinced. He just turned away from me and looked forward, his expression going from that of happiness to, well, not so happy. His friends seemed to notice and quickly left the table. It felt like whoever this guy was, he commanded respect. People were willing to go out of their way to help him, as it seemed he would go out of his way to help others. But there were still so many mysteries, there was still something that felt off about him, and yet still somehow inexplicably trustworthy.

"You know, Sans,  people like you and me are no different. Maybe different backgrounds and different stories, but it feels as if you and I are very similar in one aspect. We both use humor to cover up what is really bothering us. People like you and I know exactly what it's like to be miserable, and that's why we don't want anyone else to feel that way. We try to spread laughs because we know what it's like to shed tears."

"you know, you're pretty wise for a human."

"Well I've had my share of mistakes. I've had my laughs and shed my tears. But my sisters, the laughs we used to share, things just aren't the same between us. And I was hoping, maybe you could help my sister, Frankie."

There was something about this that seemed definitely off. As if there was something he wasn't telling me. And yet for some reason I felt myself gravitate towards him. I felt myself want to help him. I felt something inside me telling me that this would be worth it.

"My sister Frankie, she had a close friend. A lot of them. One of them in particular was someone she fell in love with. The same as my other sister, Caroline. Unfortunately we had to move away. They miss their friends deeply. But as for Frankie it's something more personal..."

I felt my soul almost twitching at the words.

"She never got to tell him that she loved him. We never got a chance to say goodbye to them. She still has the few things he gave her over the years. She wears his sweatshirt everyday. And even though Caroline found other ways to cope with the loss, Frankie just couldn't. At first it was laughs, we all had fun for a while and we do have good times, but especially recently it's just been Frankie sitting in her room. So I tried getting a much bigger house with more things to do, I tried moving to a NEW area, and no one can get to her. But I think YOU might be able to."

At this point I definitely knew that there was something up. I wanted so badly to refuse. I didn't need to get tricked into being jumped or going into a situation where I could get hurt... And yet I still felt something within my very Soul pulling me towards the situation.