Thank you

"(F/N)... you're connected..." You could hear Glynda say from your scroll. Grabbing it from your pocket you put it to your ear and began speaking to everyone.

'Thank you Glynda' You quickly thought before you spoke.

"Student's of Beacon academy!" You said into your scroll "This is professor (L/N)..."

"I have one final message for you all before this happens... Thank you all. This was my first, and only, year teaching at Beacon. You all gave me an amazing time! Every single one of you showed different in a unique way that made you, well... you! To those I spoke to before this thank you all for fulfilling my request, but... this is goodbye...

As I speak I'm standing face to face with the Grimm dragon and at least another 500... now before any of you even think about jumping in don't. You'll be throwing your life away... But my final words to you all is this.

Final lesson! Never give up hope! Even in the most hopeless of moments there will be someone who will pull you out of it and bring you back to your feet! If you don't think anyone will be there for you, then be there for them! You're all the next generation of protectors that Remnant will see, train hard and make sure you're ready for what comes next!

You've all come so far than from when you first walked into Beacon and I'm so proud you made it this far! I'm only upset that I won't be there to watch any of you push on further to save this world when it needs you! That goes for you too professors! Get stronger so you can aid our students in what's to come! But enough stalling... one last time, thank you and...

Farewell..." You said into the scroll before throwing it aside into the horde of Grimm.

Feeling your semblance at it's max you began putting it into action as a transparent (F/C) bubble surrounded you. The dragon let out an ear piercing roar as a large sadistic smile came to your face.

"AS FOR YOU LIZARD, THIS IS IT! IF I DON'T KILL YOU SOMEONE WILL SHORTLY AFTER THIS!" You shouted grabbing your jacket and ripping it off your back letting the wind take it wherever.

Putting out a single arm your smirk only grew bigger knowing you lived life with no regrets. The once (F/C) bubble began to change colors to a more redish orange color showing it was time. Gritting your teeth you tried to hold back to pain as you felt it take full effect and your aura slowly began ripping apart.

No matter how hard you tried you couldn't hold back your screams as you let out a loud roar letting your semblance go and take you to the next world.

~(P.O.V change Glynda)~

It was hard to accept that (F/N) was going to die but I had to face reality... I did as he asked and forced the dragon to the central park and let him take control from there. But doing so took a bit to much from my aura leaving me seated at my vantage point forced to watch what exactly would happen.

After hearing him disconnect his scroll for the last time I felt my heart shatter as the entire city seemed to change. A moment later the ground began to shake as an explosive dome grew from the park. It constantly grew bigger to the point it nearly consumed the city with it's massive size.

If this was his semblance I see why he wouldn't want to use it, it was impossible to survive an explosion of this magnitude. But he made is decision and we all had to accept what he has chosen to do.

What pains me the most is the fact that I never got to fully share my emotions to him...

Though as the explosion grew larger something particular caught my eye. In the wind, being pushed by the explosion, was the jacket he always wore. The tears that I fought hard to keep back came back with more force making it unable for me to keep them in. Unable to fight them I let them fall from my eyes to the ground knowing that he truly is gone.

It shouldn't have ended like this! He was a great hunter who always looked out for everyone else! He shouldn't be down there ending his own life so he can save ours! No one should do that, no matter what!

But reality is here and  it's occurring, it's like he said, he made his decision to be a hunter and knew he'd one day die. But he didn't have to die this way for dust sake! Why couldn't he have died growing old with a family?! It wasn't fair!

I loved him! 

~(P.O.V. change regular)~

You weren't holding back anything! It was all or nothing at this point! Even when you're aura had given out you still pushed your semblance to the point you felt your entire body being taken away with it. You were killing this damn dragon!

Minutes went by as you kept pushing on with the explosion until you couldn't take anymore. Everything faded to white as you felt the explosion start to die down and your mind start to slip away, welcoming death with open arms.

A few moments had passed but you hadn't died. You felt yourself still alive and, miraculously, on your feet. Forcing your eyes open you could only see a crater around you and the incinerated ashes of the countless Grimm you killed with that.

Looking down at your hands you were surprised to see your entire being was till intact. 'How... am I alive...? You thought examining your hands.

Though it didn't last long.

Seconds later you felt the full effects of using ever ounce of your life in that semblance come to hit you. To tired to react you just stared at your hands watching the effects take place. Starting with your right hand it slowly turned into a fine (F/C) dust that remained where it was placed. 

It crawled up your arm and began on your other arm and even your legs slowly consuming your entire body. Feeling it crawl up to your neck you let out a smile along with a laugh knowing your semblance was put to use.

"Well..." You said to yourself as you felt your chin turn to dust, yet it stayed in place. "It was a good run..." It spread to your jaw and taking your ears "But everyone... this really is goodbye..." no one was around to listen but you knew everyone heard it "and... well..." eyes "thank you..." nose... "and..." mouth.

"I guess I did have one regret..." You silently said with a smile.

Soul

With the final piece of you turning to dust gravity took hold making you fall to the ground. As impact came it was a silent poof as the dust that was once your body had been thrown into the air and spreading across the world.

(F/N) (L/N)... is dead...

~(P.O.V. change Glynda)~

It's been several minutes since the explosion has ended and I couldn't hold in any of my emotions. Rage that I couldn't save him. Sorrow with the fact he's dead. Regret that I didn't get to tell him how I felt. All of the worst emotions filled me as I made my way to where he lays.

Any Grimm I encountered were instantly dealt with by a simple flick of my crop meaning that nothing was going to stop me from getting to the his resting spot. It took several minutes mostly consisting of me nearly changing my mind knowing I'd be an emotional wreck as soon as I got there. But I was determined to see where he made his final moment.

Coming to the central park I was met with a massive crater, that was caused from the explosion, and countless pieces of (F/C) dust in the air. Knowing that the dust I saw was what left of him I began to break down and fell to my hands and knees crying like a child.

I didn't know what hurt more! The fact he was gone, the fact I never got to tell him how I felt, or the fact that I didn't know if he felt the same way! Why must this happen?! Why!! But I couldn't stop here, remembering what his final words were it's almost as if his voice echoed in my head.

'That goes for you too professors! Get stronger so you can aid our students in what's to come!'

It was his final words to us.. I won't let his death be in vain, no matter what happens! (F/N) (L/N).... Thank you for everything...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(A/N): And there it is, the final chapter to the story. A sacrifice was made and a hunter has fallen. Thank you all for reading, and I will see you all in the next story, chao.