[4.]

Gone. Gone. Dipper is gone. Not here. Disappeared. Missing. Dead? Maybe.

The day had begun just as it had been doing for the past four days in a row. It repeated with Mabel waking up with tears cascading down her face as she recalled Dipper's previous death. Mabel let out a shaky breath and forced herself out of bed. She was about to wake Dipper up when she realized his bed was made and empty.

Mabel gasped and clamped a hand over her mouth. Tears of horror rapidly ran down her cheeks. Dipper wasn't here. Not in his bed, sleeping like he had been for the previous nights that the day had repeated.

Mabel took deep breaths, trying to calm herself down and think logically. Then, she spotted a sticky note on the door handle of the attic. Mabel raced over to it, and snatched it off. Her eyes quickly scanned it over once. Then twice. She let out a breath of relief.

The day had restarted, just as Blendin had promised her it would. Dipper was safe. He was okay. He was going o a date with Pacifica.

Mabel's eyes widened as she reread the letter.

Pacifica Northwest.

She read it again.

Pacifica Northwest.

Mabel couldn't contain her bewilderment and excitement. A little fangirl squeak of happiness escaped her lips. That dork had finally done it! He had gotten a date with Pacifica! Mabel was in such shock. She hadn't expected him to really take her advice and ask Pacifica out. Ever since he and Pacifica destroyed that ghost at the Manor incident, she had secretly shipped them together.

She took note of how Dipper's cheeks would get the slightest tint of blush to them whenever someone mentioned Pacifica's name. The Manor incident happened last summer, and Mabel briefly recalled Dipper emailing Pacifica on his laptop. She had tried to figure out what they were talking about, but Dipper had been so well at keeping it a secret that she didn't know.

But now it made sense.

And now they were going on a date. Mabel couldn't be more proud of her brother for getting the guts to ask Pacifica out. But then a thought dawned on Mabel. She glanced over at the clock that sat on the nightstand between her's and Dipper's bed.

Eleven thirty-five.

Wow.

Did she really sleep in that late? No wonder Dipper got up and went off to do something. But why go on a date with Pacifica today? Weren't they suppose to go on a Monster Hunt together? And wasn't she suppose to go on a date with Kyle?

Things were starting to get more confusing by the second.

What was the thing that Blendin had warned her about? That the days would-

Mabel's eyes widened again as horror washed over her.

Keep. Getting. Shorter.

No. No. No.

Mabel's breaths became short and quick as she ran a hand through her hair. This wasn't good. This was the fourth time that the day had repeated. How much shorter would it be? How shorter did the other three days become? How had she not noticed this earlier?